DCP vs. RAMD

Walcat

What is RAMD?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I hope I am not one of the bad people because the leaders of my corps tell us that what we post outside of our corps website represents the entire organization, and we are a respected corps even though we don't compete.

I think the difference between RAMD and DCP is one of CIVLITY.

RAMD appeared to me (and I haven't bothered looking or posting their for several years) as an unmoderated place where people who have little of substance to say just rant away and civility be danged.

At DCP, we have very interesting, pertinent, relevant, and thought-provoking threads that span from drum corps to current events - and ALL are both welcomed and ENCOURAGED to post here.

I refuse to believe that DCP is some "politically correct and overmoderated" site - but instead believe that there are many very important and useful discussions going on - both related to and unrelated to drum corps - but it's ALL good and relevant - and I also believe that friends for life are being made at DCP - BECAUSE of its civility.

Everyone should feel welcomed here - and should feel comfortable enough to post whatever it is that's on their minds - from drum corps stuff to nearly anything else going on in the world that's unrelated to drum corps - and I also think there are lots of people here at DCP who read but don't post - but SHOULD!

Everyone has something to contribute here - even if you think your opinions don't matter or if you think you might say something stupid or irrelevant - it doesn't matter - just continue to support and LOVE drum corps, past/present/future, and you will have found a "home" at DCP!

Everyone should feel welcomed here - and should feel comfortable enough to post whatever it is that's on their minds - from drum corps stuff to nearly anything else going on in the world that's unrelated to drum corps - and I also think there are lots of people here at DCP who read but don't post - but SHOULD!

Everyone has something to contribute here - even if you think your opinions don't matter or if you think you might say something stupid or irrelevant - it doesn't matter - just continue to support and LOVE drum corps, past/present/future, and you will have found a "home" at DCP!

I couldn't have said it better myself, Rob. Nice job.

When you're done with Tristan's frosty brew .... the next one's on me.

-john

I think the difference between RAMD and DCP is one of CIVLITY.

RAMD appeared to me (and I haven't bothered looking or posting their for several years) as an unmoderated place where people who have little of substance to say just rant away and civility be danged.

At DCP, we have very interesting, pertinent, relevant, and thought-provoking threads that span from drum corps to current events - and ALL are both welcomed and ENCOURAGED to post here.

I refuse to believe that DCP is some "politically correct and overmoderated" site - but instead believe that there are many very important and useful discussions going on - both related to and unrelated to drum corps - but it's ALL good and relevant - and I also believe that friends for life are being made at DCP - BECAUSE of its civility.

i agree. some claim DCP is over moderated, and i am here to say it isn't. while i dont always agree with every admin decision, they are usually dead on and actions taken deserved.

Allee,

Just put it this way.

RAMD is nothing you even need to be concerned with. It's a vile cesspool, a shadow of what it once was. There is absolutely nothing of value to gain by subscribing to the group.

You'll be much happier here.

RAMD - Recreation Arts Marching Drumcorps

And over the last few months, RAMD has become the battleground for some idiots having a obscene personal war in another newsgroup. Don't understand newsgroup technology that well, but whatever they post shows up in a couple of newsgroups, including RAMD. Has gotten so bad I can't even check out RAMD at work during lunch anymore.

There are still good people on RAMD but what they post gets buried by the jerks. *sigh*

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Yeah, I discovered it today. It's a horrible place. People even talk about sex there. It's not a family like DCP, that's for sure. Never going back!