• 2001 - Awayday Blue
    • 2002 - Jazz: Music Made in America
    • 2004 - SummerTrain Blues Mix
    • 2005 - Dance Derby of the Century

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 1988 Undefeated until nationals, this show has it all, and is often not given the credit it deserves, visual-wise. A guard that oozes elegance, brass unmatched. percussion on fire and a total show that is full of intensity, passion, color and has "winner" written all over it........

2. 1995 Undefeated until nationals, this dark, thought provoking show was so intricate, so demanding, it left the viewer breathless after each viewing. It kicked but all year but by finals night was passed by......Guard using skulls is classic !!

3. 1989 Nevermind the poor soloist on finals night (get the prelims video and CD) This was a solid, in your face show. Fast paced, colorful, demanding and full of raw emotion. Probably the best ballad ever , left the finals night audience actualy gasping during the chorus !! Classic BD music in traditional BD arranging and style.

4. 1984 One tenth !! At least the comfort is that it lost to one of the best shows of all time......this BD show was flawless, exectiuon-wise near peffect and performance -wise unmatched.....La Fiesta is the bench mark for performance, as is the guards entire performance throughout the show. Just brilliant, just dazling, just jaw dropping, just BD !!

5. 2000 Another dark theme, another solid show, full of musical highlights and visual treats.

6. 1991 otl of "Commencement" is reason enough to rank this show so high. How Murphy & Co. wrote this drill to enhnace this piece, plus the way it was performed ??? Awesome !!

7. 1985 High brass, high drums but no cigar ! Although as a whole, the guard was lacking, they added such brilliant effect with the use of color and the wings..I thought the drumline was gonna sport wings that year !! LOL "Liferaft Earth" was classic

8. 1990 Welocme Scott Chandler, and good bye traditional BD colorguard. What an awesome musical book, visual package, awesome percussion (7 quads for Gods sake !!) and a wonderful ending

9. 2001 Awayday Blue - A taste of BD of olde' vintage horn licks, solid guard, I mean flawles, awesome guard.....what a show !

10. 2002 A show that seemed doomed from the beginning, turned it on and almost walked away with the whole enchilada.....

11. 1981 Theres just too many shows here that are so good. This is/was one awesome show . Controversial guard displaying dazzle and skill, solid brass, classic BD styling and a great total package.

12. 1983 - why so low ?? One word "Feathers"

13. 1993 -

14. 1987 - why so low ?? one word, no three Feathers, and yellow rifles . Still ana wesome show.

(1983 and 1987 often get overlooked becuase of the years they followed)

15. 1998 -

16. 1992 - Why so low ?? "When a man loves a woman"

17. 2004

18. 2005. "Yowsa yowsa yowsa" Need I say more ???

~G~

4. 1984 One tenth !! At least the comfort is that it lost to one of the best shows of all time......

That's been what I've been saying for years...but it took a LOT of time for that to be a comfort!!!

Can we PLEASE see either 84 BD or 84 Garfield at the countdown???

That was some crazy ####.

:wub:

While I respect the heck out of BD, I never really got into their style, but '91 was one of those "Holy ####" years for me and I couldn't get enough of that show.

So naturally, of all the legacy DVD's, that has to be the one year that I got a not quite perfect DVD.