• 1995 - Carpe Noctum
    • 1998 - One Hand, One Heart
    • 2000 - Methods of Madness
    • 2001 - Awayday Blue
    • 2002 - Jazz: Music Made in America
    • 2004 - SummerTrain Blues Mix
    • 2005 - Dance Derby of the Century

Thank you!

At also to EKBari....but y'know, I would NOT give it to 83 primarily because it was such a rehash. Now granted, MOST shows back them redid charts from year to year...it was pretty much SOP.

However, repeating one chart (Rocky Point Holliday, for example) is a lot different that repeating 3 out of 5 charts in the show. (T.O. 2nd year, Paradox 2nd year, One More Time Chuck Corea, 3RD year!).

That rfeally started changing after 83, I think. 84 was the first year since 72-73 that BD didn't repeat a chart (unless you cound the famous 80-84 tag ending, and even that changed over the years)

I know '83 was mainly re-hashes, but I took the show on it's own. A show that almost won a championship and still one of the Devils best shows.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Cavies were beating Cadets most of the year.

BD 2000 is one of my all-time favorite shows, and Wild Ride might very well be my all-time favorite closer. That said, I thought they were a solid third. Not a slight there, the whole top four was stunning that year.

eidt: whoops! Thought you were responding to Kekasse's earlier post and talking about 2000. Didn't realize you were discussing 1995. My bad.

Edited by Maedhros

Thank you!

At also to EKBari....but y'know, I would NOT give it to 83 primarily because it was such a rehash. Now granted, MOST shows back them redid charts from year to year...it was pretty much SOP.

However, repeating one chart (Rocky Point Holliday, for example) is a lot different that repeating 3 out of 5 charts in the show. (T.O. 2nd year, Paradox 2nd year, One More Time Chuck Corea, 3RD year!).

That rfeally started changing after 83, I think. 84 was the first year since 72-73 that BD didn't repeat a chart (unless you cound the famous 80-84 tag ending, and even that changed over the years)

I like 83. But some of that is personal and sentimental for me.

What an awesome thread!

I had to go with 84, which is my favorite BD show.

Major props to 88 and as many have mentioned the greatest hornline I have ever heard.

95 BD...I saw them at DCI Mid-America, the Saturday before nats, and it was the cleanest show I have ever seen. Unbelievable. (Honorable mention: Scott's solo during horn warmup of POC. I've played that tape a million times. Lights out.)

90 was such a fun show to watch and had a ton of people who went on to do great things marched that year.

98 was a magical show for me. Perhaps it was undervalued...that show was it for me.

Carlito

Edited by Xcalibur

1992! Hornline jackets off, shirts open, wailing... guard groping each other... It doesn't get better than that!

thats exactly why i voted for it