2006 DCI Classic Countdown

'05 Bluecoats, '92 Crossmen, '95 Cavies, and my personal favorite show ever, '93 Star of Indiana. That's reason enough for me :D

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too wanted to add a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who voted for the 1980 Bridgemen!!!!

1980 was the best corps that the Bridgemen ever put out. That night in 1980 was an awesome night for me as a member of the corps and I have never forgotten the crowd reaction from the moment we came out of the tunnel!!!!!! It was a AMAZING!!!!!

That year the top 4 was smoking!!!!! And anyone could have won that night.

Look forward to seeing it on the BIG SCREEN!!!!

Thanks Again!!!!

Hype!!!!

George

Bayonne Bridgemen 1979-1983

Bayonne Kidets 1972-1978

Edited by gmanbay41

Cavaliers 95!! Planets... on the big screen! Can't wait!!!!!!

Steph, believe me that I wouldn't say the comments I did, if I had not seen video of the show. Nor am I trying to condemn Bridgemen as a corps; I voted for the '77 show, at your request, because I'd like the chance to see more of them. I can only say that the '80 show isn't my cup of tea. I've watched it a number of times, maybe not on a big screen, but I can't really say that I've enjoyed it. I realize there's a joke there, but I'm not sure that I ever "got" it. I also realize that Bridgemen are probably most responsible for adding a sense of fun to drum and bugle corps, and for that I'm thankful. But in the end, it's a show I've seen before and I can think of other shows I'd rather see, even from that decade.

But hey, like I said in my earlier post, the show made it in because others wanted to see it. I certainly respect that, and will act accordingly, and who knows, maybe I'll find something new that I like in the show. :)

I understand, I'm just glad for them that they made it in this year. I bet you will find something new, I do everytime I watch that show..:) Maybe the reason why you didn't get the jokes is that some of those were based on things before you were even born..(probably)...lol :P It's alright...(I just thought of that). :)

What's cool about this show (one of the things)...the closer, finals were in Birmingham..and the crowd goes insane when they play "Dixie" and have the confederate flags of course that would be politically incorrect in todays world but...that's funny to me that a East Coast corps is playing to the crowd with a southern mixture and playing off the war...it's a rather brilliant way to get the crowd on your side in the South...lol.

Maybe one of the other Bridgemen alumni can explain the "jokes" for you...:) Since that was before your time...:)

Anyway, one thing I'd like to emphasize that is so awesome about 27th Lancers horn line that year..still playing on rotaries of course..:) Awesome...

I understand, I'm just glad for them that they made it in this year. I bet you will find something new, I do everytime I watch that show..:) Maybe the reason why you didn't get the jokes is that some of those were based on things before you were even born..(probably)...lol :P It's alright...(I just thought of that). :)

What's cool about this show (one of the things)...the closer, finals were in Birmingham..and the crowd goes insane when they play "Dixie" and have the confederate flags of course that would be politically incorrect in todays world but...that's funny to me that a East Coast corps is playing to the crowd with a southern mixture and playing off the war...it's a rather brilliant way to get the crowd on your side in the South...lol.

Maybe one of the other Bridgemen alumni can explain the "jokes" for you...:) Since that was before your time...:)

Anyway, one thing I'd like to emphasize that is so awesome about 27th Lancers horn line that year..still playing on rotaries of course..:) Awesome...

Steph,

Thanks for all of your help with the voting.

What jokes or things that need to be explained why we put them in the show????

As for the Civil War, Bobby Hoffman was a genius!!!! He knew that we would get a great reaction at Finals.

Even though in 1979,( the first year we did the civil war suite) when we did our first tour in Canada & Midwest and we got no reaction, we had our doubts if this was the right piece of music we should be doing!!!!

But then came Cary N.C. and when the crowd went nuts we knew it was a winner, which we did again (better in 1980).

Thanks, for your comments!!!!!

Hype!!!

George

Bridgemen 79-83

No 94 Devils.... BOOOOOOOO!

BOOOOO!

Because???

:huh:

How exactly do they pick which corps' show goes on? Like, is it the show that gets the highest number of votes or something? Like if a BD show from the 90's had 300 votes and was 3rd among the 90's, but a BD show from the 70's had 100 votes and was 1st among the 70's, which one counts? Is the process posted anywhere?

P.S. I am sad that BD '94 didn't get chosen too, and I really thought Cavies 2000 would get more votes than any other Cavies show.

Edited by fourouttheforty

How exactly do they pick which corps' show goes on? Like, is it the show that gets the highest number of votes or something? Like if a BD show from the 90's had 300 votes and was 3rd among the 90's, but a BD show from the 70's had 100 votes and was 1st among the 70's, which one counts? Is the process posted anywhere?

From the way that I understand it, the show from the 90 would win for BD. It's the single show that gets the most voted per corps. So it wouldn't matter if the 70's show was 1st of the lot, the fact that another show of the same corps got more votes.

So basicly that take the top voter getter from each corps. then rank them by decade. But what happens when all the top vote getters are in the same decade? My guess is that the 5th place 80's corps has more votes than the winning 70's corps.