• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point.

ok

CROWN and the singers OUT !!

spirit 2003 IN. or BOSTON 2003

BLUECOATS OUT !!--Dont get me wrong. BC were good in 2005 but not classic countdown outragous DC.

these 2 do not match up against the other classic must see drum corps on the list.

M.O.

Glassmen 2000 IN. or Blue knights 2000 IN . How about a non top 12 .corps Southwind 2000 ?

you just dont like amps, obviously.

:P

really, I love Crown 04... obviously, I wish they would have chosen to not sing, but I like the rest of the show.

Bluecoats 05 is another good show, I'm glad to see make it. It's funny how everyone was hyping this show all year long, and when they make it in, everyone abandons it? meh, whatever. a show doesn't have to get in the top 3 to be great (as demonstrated by Madison, and SCV, and a slew of other corps.)

I'm happy with most of the selections... there are some I just wish would have made it in.

and with the twist, that might be very possible!

and btw, I am all for SW 00. I would have voted for it if it were a valid option.

~>conner

Edited by PhantomR

:)

I'm obviously happy, flattered, and appreciative.

Really excited for Crossmen 1992 also, that show is beautiful. Glad it got in. Matt, you're going to really like it when you see it. The drill towards the end of the "Puma" segment was outstanding, and they moved a LOT more there than you would expect.

SCV 1999......yes. Yes, yes, and yes. Stephanie, it's an amazing show to see.

:)

I'm obviously happy, flattered, and appreciative.

Really excited for Crossmen 1992 also, that show is beautiful. Glad it got in. Matt, you're going to really like it when you see it. The drill towards the end of the "Puma" segment was outstanding, and they moved a LOT more there than you would expect.

SCV 1999......yes. Yes, yes, and yes. Stephanie, it's an amazing show to see.

OH yeah that's right you did march Bluecoats 05 didn't you? :P Congratulations on getting to the big screen? Are you taking your folks to see this?

I am looking forward to SCV for real..I have always been a huge fan but it will be cool to see a show I've never seen on the big screen. :)

I think over all this line up is really a great entertaining one that will be great to see on the screen..:)

Edited by Lancerlady

My husband would agree with you about the 78 show..and I do also, to a point. But I look at the overall effect like what the color guard was doing as well. I used to just base a show on the horn line, being a horn person myself, but when I went back and studied 27's color guard, I became in awe of what they did and started watching the whole show's of corps ever since then. :) But in this 80 show..it was simply entertaining all the way through to me.

I also hope 78 Bridgemen can make it in the future...

And I cannot disagree with anything you said and the 80 show overall was probably the best....but I do hope 78 someday makes the cut as I stated earlier B)

Hey Felix!

I agree. The 78 hornline was better, but the show was VERY different, musically, from the 80 show. If you compare 77 and 78, you will see that our staff did a "180" on the whole approach, stylistically. 1980's show was sort of a combination of both styles, and the net result was a drum line championship, and a near championship for the entire corps!

I also hope that the 78 Bridgemen will one day make it to the Classic Countdown!

To everyone that voted for the 80 Bridgemen in this year's Classic Countdown:

A collective

THANK YOU!

from all members of the Bridgemen family, past, and present!!!

It is truly an honor to be selected, and we are thrilled to be included with all of the other magnificent drum corps that were chosen for this very special event!!!

And you are right on the money....the 80 show was a combination of both,.....the 78 show was like nothing I had seen in drum corps up to that point and there will never be another show like 78........maybe the alumni effort can do justice to that year again

Today I once again watched 1975, and once again I watched Oakland Crusaders marching in with the Canadian Flag blowing in the breeze. They are brought in very early and you can see them for a long time waiting to take the field. I had forgotten again that they were 4th in prelims with 2-7 in 5th....then 6th in finals and 2-7 in 4th. I don't remember if there were penalties or if they just scored higher than 2 corps at prelims. I didn't see the breakdown when I looked.

Anyway, the reason I'm mentioning this is how truly sad it makes me not only because there are so few corps left, but that there is no more Canadian contigent. There isn't 1 drum corps that comes to DCI.

So, is there a corps from Canada, even a parade corps or anything in the works that anyone has heard?

That's how and why it went from DCN to DCI at one of the first meetings of the soon to be DCI back in the 70s. It really a shame!! :(

I'm happy you can see them and their flag, it makes it even more interesting for people that weren't around then IMO even though we don't get to see their show. If it's done next year I say let's see that Canadian corps in the Classics Countdown!!!

I voted for Oakland and Dutch Boy this year. :)

And Canada still has corps. Dutch Boy, St. John's, HYPE, Blue Saints, Bandettes are just some of the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

... Kiwanis Kavaliers.

~>conner