2006 DCI Classic Countdown

I am personally very excited to see Crown 04 and especially looking forward to Star 93. Star is always countdown worthy. Congrats to all corps that made the list, I can't wait until April 27th!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you LancerLady....will be great to see our 79 show on the big screen....indeed a great honor!

Well......I did not make out to well with my choices.........

My Choices,

1977 27th Lancers (Close)

1977 Blue Stars

1980 Bridgemen (yeah....I got one)

1986 Blue Devils

1988 Sky Ryders

1989 Star of Indiana

1993 Cadets of Bergen County

1995 Madison Scouts

1997 Crossmen

1999 Madison Scouts

2004 Santa Clara Vanguard

2005 Phantom Regiment

Not to upset you......I really would have preferred to see a BD show from the 1980's I like most of BDs' shows from the mid 70's to 80's but to me......86 and 88 Devils is simply in a league of its own.......

I am not so thrilled about 95 Cavies, 99 SCV, 93 Star, BC 2005......but...I am a drum corps nut so I will be attending...

Triple Forte

good point.

ok

CROWN and the singers OUT !!

spirit 2003 IN. or BOSTON 2003

BLUECOATS OUT !!--Dont get me wrong. BC were good in 2005 but not classic countdown outragous DC.

these 2 do not match up against the other classic must see drum corps on the list.

M.O.

Glassmen 2000 IN. or Blue knights 2000 IN . How about a non top 12 .corps Southwind 2000 ?

man... what is your deal? As soon as the words "bluecoats" and something postive appear in the same sentence you are ALWAYS 2 seconds away with some negative comment. I'm frankly tired of it. I mean... spirit 2003, boston 2003, Southwind 2000? you sit here and tell me how bluecoats 2005 isnt classic but those are? Just a month ago you chimed in on some topic praising the bluecoats with your infamous "the bluecoats should look up to the crossmen" comment... you post 2 weeks later that you predict the crossmen will swing back from 14th and take 8th place in 2006... you even later were quick to tell me that you could count on ONE FINGER the number of plays that the bluecaots and crown have got from your 2005 CDs.... your review of the bluecoats and crown from this past season is negative and bland, but when you get to corps 10-14 you are all praises ... i dont know where your marched or if you even did march (i'd guess crossmen)... but you need to get off the bluecoats, man... you just need to take a step back and consider that maybe they did deserve their placement last season, maybe they do deserve the respect they are getting, and maybe they do deserve to be on the classic countdown...

this is the format DCI chose for making this production- classic has definitions that dont invlove oldness.

you know why the bluecoats 2005 deserve to be on the classic countdown? because 7000 DCI fan voters decided that is should be... DCI isnt plotting against your personal preferences

Edited by randomguy

It looks like a great lineup! I'm really glad to see Bluecoats 2005 in there! I don't know if it's exactly as ground breaking as some of the others (Regiment 96, Cavaliers 02, ect.) but it's certainly worthy as it was voted in. I didn't like Crown 04 as much as Crown 05 but only due to the musical arrangement and the sound of their hornline (all speaking, singing, ect. aside). Any insight as to why 04 was ranked above 05? And dumb question because I don't remember but...was Crown 05 an option? I'm assuming it was...I probably look really dumb now.

Crown 04=underrated brass sound of the year.

man... what is your deal? As soon as the words "bluecoats" and something postive appear in the same sentence you are ALWAYS 2 seconds away with some negative comment. I'm frankly tired of it. I mean... spirit 2003, boston 2003, Southwind 2000? you sit here and tell me how bluecoats 2005 isnt classic but those are? Just a month ago you chimed in on some topic praising the bluecoats with your infamous "the bluecoats should look up to the crossmen" comment... you post 2 weeks later that you predict the crossmen will swing back from 14th and take 8th place in 2006... you even later were quick to tell me that you could count on ONE FINGER the number of plays that the bluecaots and crown have got from your 2005 CDs.... your review of the bluecoats and crown from this past season is negative and bland, but when you get to corps 10-14 you are all praises ... i dont know where your marched or if you even did march (i'd guess crossmen)... but you need to get off the bluecoats, man... you just need to take a step back and consider that maybe they did deserve their placement last season, maybe they do deserve the respect they are getting, and maybe they do deserve to be on the classic countdown...

this is the format DCI chose for making this production- classic has definitions that dont invlove oldness.

you know why the bluecoats 2005 deserve to be on the classic countdown? because 7000 DCI fan voters decided that is should be... DCI isnt plotting against your personal preferences

CHILL DUDE,

I am sorry my opinion differs with yours. It is one that I am entitled too though. not everyone likes the cadets . or SCV . Its just a preference.

I really liked BOSTON 2003. great charts.and the emotion of SPIRIT.I picked both before Crown and Coats.

yes I did march but not for the CROSSMEN. wrong coast.

Bluecoats did deserve the placment they received last season. I never stated differently.

But I do think that the show was bland unlike some corps under them.

CHILL , and do not attack. I am sure your bluecoats corpsmates will not appreciate it.

well, no offense, but you do need to lay off Bluecoats and Crown... We all have shows/corps we dont like, but we dont have to be so hardcore in stateing it.

:)

::falls back into crowd::

~>conner

you guys are all too funny. :P

who cares who like what or not??? I marched in a corps that other corps used to scream at us that "we were not drum corps"!!! alot of other corps members hated us for the style we had. You can still see it today, even earlier in this thread! But you know what? we laughed at most of them and then most of the time paid it back on the field with scores!

OK sure no one was really willing to say it to our faces because they probably would have had the snot kicked out of them... but to us the only thing that mattered was what the crowds thought and most of the time the crowds came out saying..."wow (so and so) was really great they desereved to win but the ####### Bridgemen were awesome!!!!!!!"

so if one guy thinks Bluecoats were boring... or another corps should have placed higher who cares? #### do you know how many times I've heard that the 1980 Bridgemen were not really that good? and they were just tenths from winning the whole thing!!!

people like what they like and they are always gonna tell you!!! :P

Oh and just on a side note I'm glad Crown is in, I loved that show from start to finish!!! :huh:

you guys are all too funny. :P

who cares who like what or not??? I marched in a corps that other corps used to scream at us that "we were not drum corps"!!! alot of other corps members hated us for the style we had. You can still see it today, even earlier in this thread! But you know what? we laughed at most of them and then most of the time paid it back on the field with scores!

OK sure no one was really willing to say it to our faces because they probably would have had the snot kicked out of them... but to us the only thing that mattered was what the crowds thought and most of the time the crowds came out saying..."wow (so and so) was really great they desereved to win but the ####### Bridgemen were awesome!!!!!!!"

:huh: !!

In Red with black skirts. In 76 we went to pants so that we could lay down, and added a saber line with red in 77.

Actually the 27th rifle line were never in Khaki shirts as far as I remember. My sisters wore white shirts and black skirts-rifles, sabers and flags wore the same thing until the Red Jackets except for I think 1972 when the flaglines blouses/shirts were lime green-the 6 trick flags wore all black.

When the rifles went to red and busbys, the sabres and flags were still in white shirts. I'm thinking the flag line went to khaki shirts in 75 maybe. (it could have been 74 but I don't think so)

But I'll look back to confirm!!

Wow, aren't you glad you asked. Guess it wasn't as cut and dry a question as one might have thought... :huh: :P

Addition: until 1981, then 1 year and only year with khaki!

Edited by LancerFi