2006 DCI Classic Countdown

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 Cavaliers

The championship show from one of DCI's best years. Cavaliers are one of my favorite corps, but I simply love their work in the 2000's, and would liked to have seen them represented in that decade. Good choice, but not great.

I personally am not upset with this, this is one of my favorite Cavaliers shows of all time, and I personally like it just as much as their 2000 shows

Wow..I'm really sad to hear you say this about Bridgemen? Why? Because VK always seemed to mock Bridgemen, I watched the 90 show of VK last night and realized that when they fell down at the end and some of the other antics they did...Bridgemen did it first. Plus it was mostly Bridgemen's staff who went to VK.

I don't know why you say that you feel that some think todays corps are sacriligious...but..I'm more puzzled why you don't like this show? Don't you realize if it hadn't been for Bridgmen...there would..oh never mind...But Bridgmen made it because they had alot of support, plain and simple. :) I personally would've liked 1977 Bridgemen to make it and question what happened there cause it seemed like the votes were headed for that year more then the 80 show.

I, personally, haven't said anything regarding Crown and Coats making it but once you see Bridgemen on the screen I think you'll change your mind.

Oh and you said you never saw 27th Lancers..if you went to the show last year you saw 1980 27th Lancers and I seem to remember you saying you liked it... :P

I just don't understand why some people aren't realizing that this should be considered a history lesson for drum corps instead of who didn't make what...I'm sure DCI will do this again.

I already laid out why Suncoast didn't make it...too many people voting for too many different shows...

See you at the theater.. :)

I tend to judge most performances based on the hornline.....for some reason the 80 Bridgemen was not as clean or in your face as much as 78.....the Bridgemen were just coming out of their disqualification year and they were absolutely changed...the way they handled Ritual Fire Dance and started in that arch in center front field will be imbedded in my mind forever....I hope the 78 performance one day makes it to the Classic Countdown B)

Edited by felixh

Lancer Fi, were the 27 rifles in the red jackets yet in '75, or were they in khaki?

My memory does go back that far.... :(

In Red with black skirts. In 76 we went to pants so that we could lay down, and added a saber line with red in 77.

Actually the 27th rifle line were never in Khaki shirts as far as I remember. My sisters wore white shirts and black skirts-rifles, sabers and flags wore the same thing until the Red Jackets except for I think 1972 when the flaglines blouses/shirts were lime green-the 6 trick flags wore all black.

When the rifles went to red and busbys, the sabres and flags were still in white shirts. I'm thinking the flag line went to khaki shirts in 75 maybe. (it could have been 74 but I don't think so)

But I'll look back to confirm!!

Wow, aren't you glad you asked. Guess it wasn't as cut and dry a question as one might have thought... :worthy: :P

Wow..I'm really sad to hear you say this about Bridgemen? Why? Because VK always seemed to mock Bridgemen, I watched the 90 show of VK last night and realized that when they fell down at the end and some of the other antics they did...Bridgemen did it first. Plus it was mostly Bridgemen's staff who went to VK.

I don't know why you say that you feel that some think todays corps are sacriligious...but..I'm more puzzled why you don't like this show? Don't you realize if it hadn't been for Bridgmen...there would..oh never mind...But Bridgmen made it because they had alot of support, plain and simple. :) I personally would've liked 1977 Bridgemen to make it and question what happened there cause it seemed like the votes were headed for that year more then the 80 show.

I, personally, haven't said anything regarding Crown and Coats making it but once you see Bridgemen on the screen I think you'll change your mind.

Oh and you said you never saw 27th Lancers..if you went to the show last year you saw 1980 27th Lancers and I seem to remember you saying you liked it... :P

I just don't understand why some people aren't realizing that this should be considered a history lesson for drum corps instead of who didn't make what...I'm sure DCI will do this again.

I already laid out why Suncoast didn't make it...too many people voting for too many different shows...

See you at the theater.. :)

I was disappointed with Bridgemen 80 only because I would have preffered Bridgemen 77 or 78.

I tend to judge most performances based on the hornline.....for some reason the 80 Bridgemen was not as clean or in your face as much as 78.....the Bridgemen were just coming out of their disqualification year and they were absolutely changed...the way they handled Ritual Fire Dance and started in that arch in center front field will be imbedded in my mind forever....I hope the 78 performance one day makes it to the Classic Countdown B)

My husband would agree with you about the 78 show..and I do also, to a point. But I look at the overall effect like what the color guard was doing as well. I used to just base a show on the horn line, being a horn person myself, but when I went back and studied 27's color guard, I became in awe of what they did and started watching the whole show's of corps ever since then. :) But in this 80 show..it was simply entertaining all the way through to me.

I also hope 78 Bridgemen can make it in the future...

Edited by Lancerlady

yes

CROWN and BLUECOATS out. SUNCOAST and TROOPERS IN.

mhm. and what show from the 2000's would you put Troop and Suncoast in?

I was thinking about eliminating Star 93, and replacing Star 90... and maybe Cavies 95, with Cavies 91.

~>conner