Why Where Results Posted on BOA First!

Does it really matter? I think people will sometimes ##### just for the sake of hearing themselves #####

Edit: and to hear myself in this manner, the word "where" in the title should be "were"

Edited by Carl306

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get my news from many sources. I don't really care WHERE I get each tidbit, I'm just thankful I get it.

Would anyone be shaken if DCI said in the future that it would release big news on a certain date (maybe a day later than expected) and then release it a day early, catching some by surprise? This would give the web folk some wiggle room, but it might honk off someone who had to go to the bathroom when the announcement was posted and then heard about it through their Blackberry while washing their hands.

Yes....this is what I am talking about. Oh...but it feels so good to be spanked by Stef. Kinda wants me to be naughty again. Ha!!! b**bs Stef.....I appreciate your feed back. I do respect your views very much.

hahaha.. behave now.. or I'll be forced to get out the paddle!

Stef

ha.. yeah the next time George gets up to speak :P

kewl ~ just another thing to look forward to

^0^

Is it so hard to believe there are no NASA level encryptions and top secret protocalls on classic countdown results? This is the "marching arts" community for goodness sake. The results were probably calculated and jotted down, stuck in a back pocket then read at an event. After some bullshi++ing with fellow educators and probably drinking a few beers friday night, someone finally said "who is going to post the results, what is going on here, who's in charge" etc. Then someone desides to get the results posted only to find out a few dudes had time to watch an event, drink a few beers then GO HOME and post the results on a forum. The wrong forum to most here, but a forum none the less.

DCI didn't mess up, but DCP got scooped by BOA. That is what is irking most of ya'll IMO.

(insert 9 emoticons of beer drinking here)

Hey, I guess if people in the world have time to get all riled up about what happened during the 18 hours since Dick Cheney "accidentally" shot somebody in the face, drum corps fans need to get riled up about why the Countdown was posted four hours after DCI said it would be posted.

:)

What She Said!!!!!!

Stef

Oink! Flap! Oink! Flap! Oink! Flap!

Well I'll be ######!

Ya know...years of marching in drum corps.....years of my children marching drum corps...and I have to get Drum Corps Classic Countdown results via a BOA website!!!!! Excuse me....but, does anyone else see something wrong here? This just doesn't feel right. I'm not for dissing in public, and have been a supporter of DCI; however, I really have to question what is going on? I purchase DCI and drum corps merchandise and I also purchase tickets that supports many of the corps highlighted in this program. Why did us faithfull fans get passed up? Debut leak or no debut leak....DCI, you dissappointed me by forgetting about us. :(

Relax, it is BOA's choice to post these results. It doesn't mean DCI is "reporting to anybody".