Brace yourselves...

Just a heads up so we can get our fingers ready and, I'm guessing, there will be at least 20 pages of stuff written before the end of the day tomorrow.

To those who have donated to the Cadets or Crossmen or YEA, you have probably heard the clip already as George sent out an email with a sneak preview link to it. There are performance issues, as with any camp recording, but people will get a true idea of what the Cadets are planning to do with this.

Brace yourselves, people. Here it comes...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already heard it. I think it sounds good and will be very good by the time they do whatever tweaking they feel is necessary.

I was at camp and heard it first hand. With that said, I won't even listen to the recording because I tell you that it is absolutely beautiful. Instead of flaming away; how about opening your minds to the possiblity that it adds another voice to an already magnificant horn line?

deb

I like it, too. Heard it a bit earlier. Very soundtrack oriented. It almost has a middle-east oriented style to the vocal, yet the music under the vocal is very romantic. Balance and pitch (the singer is often somewhat under the pitch) are problems, but I think this will be very cool. I am actually hoping there is more vocal to be added. I am sure we didn't hear all of this clip.

Jonathan

I like it - it doesn't reduce the hornline to a "back up band" at all - it's just one more musical voice (ha!) entertwined with the brass.

Really - when you hear it, it works. There's no lyrics, so it doesn't take away from the music.

Mike

Well said! I attended camp this past weekend and agree with your statement 100%. The vocal is very cool! I enjoyed watching the vocal coach work with the singer and tweak her performance. Some will not even give this a chance simply because its the Cadets, and that's a shame. I have a feeling though, some who are against vocals in Drum Corps will actually like this (even if they don't admit to it). Kudos to the Cadets for trying some new and refreshing ideas, they are like a breath of fresh air! The Cadets will rock this summer, and you can take that to the bank!

I was at camp and heard it first hand. With that said, I won't even listen to the recording because I tell you that it is absolutely beautiful. Instead of flaming away; how about opening your minds to the possiblity that it adds another voice to an already magnificant horn line?

deb

Um, deb, no one has "flamed away" at this one so that statement seems a bit pre-emptive, don't you think?? For that matter, if you know it is beautiful, why won't you listen to it? It obviously won't change your opinion for the worst, but it could make you think it's even better than you initially thought.

I guess I'm just not understanding the motivation behind your post in relation to the 100% positive response the audio clip has gotten on this thread so far...