Brace yourselves...

Am thinking the mic and system is the problem here (yes, I noticed some of what you said too). This is what I mentioned a few weeks ago when I said that I felt the Blue Devils were spending good money on good professional equipment whereas "other corps" were talking a less expensive rout. Cadets would be one that has come to mind since the birth of "amplification in drum corps". Did you see the mics they were holding last year? Not exactly what you would see an american idol contestant holding (if you will excuse the example). This is my one fear in what the Cadets are doing this year. If they are going to use this gal effectively, please give her some good equipment to use - just as you would want your horn line and drum line to have good instruments.

I heard the clip

Reminds me of Enya and that style of singing/music.......

Not sure if I am going to like it.....(I am pretty set against amps and vocals/narration...especially vocals/narration)

For an effect like this I think it needs to be indoors to pull it off......you need an echo or reverb of some sort. I don't think the equiptment the corps are using can do this properly.......

Triple Forte

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for ruining what used to be my favorite corps, George.

And to think I once wanted to march there.

I for one am very very very proud of the way The Cadets Organization ( basically George and Design Team ) have carried themselves the past three years in regard to their controversial show designs.

Jethro Tull? Baton twirlers?, Kill Bill?, Massive revolving Doors?, Catholic school girls conversing with audience before show?, Catholic school girl morphs into DCI Judge? Drumspeak?, BJORK SPEAK?!?!?!? :music: Featured Vocalist in Ballad? Oldest Operating Drumcorps alters it's Historic uniform for the sake of the SHOW?!?!?

Talk about trying something different in drumcorps!!!!!

NO OTHER HAS DONE THIS MUCH IN THE PAST 3 YEARS TO PUSH THE CURRENT NORMS OF DCI DESIGN!!!

1) Personally, I don't care about people who rant and rave about shows and concepts having already been done by some highschool band somewhere.

IMO, whatever some 75 piece band from whoknowswhere ####### wyoming has done before really doesn't matter to my overall enjoyment of a Cadets program ( not dogging the band who did Sanvean by the way ) The Cadets final product ( at least right now ) will be leaps and bounds better than the best high school band in the nation anyway. The two will have totally different effects and won't be relatively the same in scope of performance. People should stop trying to compare the two. IF YOU GET UPSET BECAUSE SOMETHING HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE, STOP LISTENING TO ####### MUSIC. ARTIST ARE INSPIRED BY AND COPY ARTIST ALL OF THE TIME. IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL. Almost every great Jazz group/artist puts their own spin on someone else's tune. The Cadets are doing no different. Idiots.

I know I sound ###### off, but I kinda am. The Cadets for the most part get raped on this board over and over again. I just think many people who CLAIM to be all up tight about the tradition and history of Drumcorp should show a little more respect to the oldest operating Drumcorp..... The Cadets. After all they have without a doubt played a major part in developing the traditions and history that you claim to love so much. 9 World Championships and 1934 remember? The Cadets, more than any other corps, can say that they ARE Drumcorp. But do they boast? NO. Again, I am not talking about liking their programs, I am talking about showing respect where respect is due.

Some of the BEST componets of Drumcorps today have been instilled by groups and individuals that went AGAINST the tradition. More people need to remember this fact.

I think the Cadets have honorably gone about thinking and stepping outside the box. They don't deserved to get bashed like they do.

Ok. I am done ranting. In conclusion, lets just say I think people should show respect where respect is due, and that I thank God that The Cadets aren't and never will be ####IES. (meow)

:music: Listening to clips of Velvet Pants from the Cadets Camp ( i got connections)..............OMFG!!!!!!!!!

How does this ruin the corps?

What part of amp'ed vocals and narration has no business being in Drum Corps aren't you understanding?

Now, my former favorite corps has decided to use amp'ed vocals. This along with amps in general, ruins drum corps. They may as well be BOA, IMO.

I can accept Bb, but amps no.

What part of amp'ed vocals and narration has no business being in Drum Corps aren't you understanding?

Now, my former favorite corps has decided to use amp'ed vocals. This along with amps in general, ruins drum corps. They may as well be BOA, IMO.

but amps are legal...

I feel nothing but pity for the people who plug their ears and drone "I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT." I guess I'm just lucky that I'm able to appreciate and love drum corps of the past and present, and look forward to the future. I'm pretty un-lucky in so many other things, I'll take it. :music:

They've been using amps for the last 2 seasons (going on 3), what's the difference? And on top of that, they used vocals last year, and to great effect. You can dislike it, that's just fine, but to say it's ruining drum corps? Man, that's a bit ridiculous. It's not BOA, it's no where close.