Brace yourselves...

after reading 16 pages of this...I think we could all use a few beers. I'll buy the keg. :wall: =)

party at my place!

...seriously guys...can't we just all agree to disagree. I mean...like it or not, it's only March 1st.

Now I want all of you to take in a deep breath. Annnnd slowly exhale.

...good. ^OO^ Now go to your happy place. That's nice...really good. sunshine, rainbows, and flowers. fluffy bunny rabbits frollicking about.

...that's great. In with the good...out with the bad. yeah..thats super.

Yeah. Just thought I'd lighten things up a bit. Have a great day! :wall:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I dont get it. If it sounds good and is "interesting" it automatically becomes awesome and worthy and the next best thing the activity has to offer ??? Its decent, non-offensive , and entertaining...but it isnt drum corps, no matter how many borg try to declare otherwise, how many bandos proclaim otherwise, and how many YEA donors sacrifice their integrity for announcing their appreciation for it.

Somehow I get the feeling that if anyone EVER tried to call YOUR integrity into question for something you believed in, or an opinion you sincerely held, we would never hear the end of it on DCP. You would rant and rave and call people more names and demand respect while offering none in return. Your mastery of the double standard around here has no equal. Get over yourself.

Somehow I get the feeling that if anyone EVER tried to call YOUR integrity into question for something you believed in, or an opinion you sincerely held, we would never hear the end of it on DCP. You would rant and rave and call people more names and demand respect while offering none in return. Your mastery of the double standard around here has no equal. Get over yourself.

:wall::wall::ph34r::wall::worthy:

When are people going to realize that anyone who likes the direction drum corps is going is automatically a borg and that the only true drum corps fans are those that want to go back to the day of a single rotor valve.

Also, to MikeM:

You say that you heard Crown 04 and you will use it to judge every vocal performance on a drum corps field from now on?

I know you already said you don't mind, but that's very close minded. The very first drum corps I ever saw live was a local startup div 3 corps that was honestly worse than my high school band. Had I acted like you are then I would have gotten up, left the show, and never watched another drum corps show again because I saw one that I didn't like.

I guess I tend to miss that since I have the DCI forums bookmarked and just click there.

Just curious, if Hopkins wanted to send it out to his donors first and let the general public hear it wednesday, why did DCP take it upon themselves to post it on their site?

Hey, I work hard to keep our news page up-to-date. :D

Just change your bookmark. It's worth the extra couple of clicks. If only because I say so. :P

after reading 16 pages of this...I think we could all use a few beers. I'll buy the keg. :wall: =)

party at my place!

...seriously guys...can't we just all agree to disagree. I mean...like it or not, it's only March 1st.

Now I want all of you to take in a deep breath. Annnnd slowly exhale.

...good. ^OO^ Now go to your happy place. That's nice...really good. sunshine, rainbows, and flowers. fluffy bunny rabbits frollicking about.

...that's great. In with the good...out with the bad. yeah..thats super.

Yeah. Just thought I'd lighten things up a bit. Have a great day! :wall:

I'm there. I'm happy. OH NO, IT'S A WHITE RABBIT!

DBC:

Lemme address this with you:

My first exposure to DCI was 1983 finals on PBS. Back when you could see the WHOLE TOP 12!! I wanted in so bad, because it wasn't marching band, but a step above.

I was re-exposed in 1995, when the bug bit me again. The 1990's is DCI's glory days, IMO.

Now, changes have been done, Bb, amp'ed pits, etc. I've come to accept Bb, even if I don't find it ideal, its still drum corps.

I've come to (grudgingly) accept that pits are going to be amplified, and have seen improvements to that nature. I do NOT like the new rule allowing a staff member to control the sound board. The members are supposed to put out the product, not the staff.

However, amplified singing, narration, etc, have no place in drum corps, and, IMO, add nothing to improve it.

Drum corps is brass, percussion, and guard. Not electronics. Not technology. It's 135 people on a football field, busting their ###, making the best product possible.

Electronic singing and narration does not make the best product possible. Period. I say the same thing regarding marching bands. If I hear singing or narration, I tune it out.

And yes, I use BAC and Crown's horrible singing and narration to judge what singing and narration add to a show. And, IMO, that's nothing. I don't want to see it. I don't want to hear it. I'd love for the DCI directors to modify the rules to not allow it, but I'm not holding my breath.

So there you have it.

So... pizza anyone?

sure ~ but you know someone's gonna not be happy with the crust, whatever type we get. :P