Brandt Crocker

Im not assigning anything to a bias against other corps, in fact, all I am talking about is his tone, not what he is saying with that tone.

Baseball has no more than 2 teams. There is a HOMEFIELD announcer who obviously is supposed to support and cheer for the HOME team, with the HOME CROWD of the two teams.. But who is the home team at Finals? There are so many corps from all over the place.

Using the Cubs didn't help, either. :P ^0^

Go Sox!

hmm.. go read what I said about the sports announcer again.. I didn't say calling the action for the hometeam only.. I said for EITHER team.. because exciting play is exciting play no matter who's doing the winning.. the announcer has to engage the listening audience..

And what's that you said? Go Pox? :wall:

#&%! southsiders...

Stef

Edited by ScribeToo

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.. go read what I said about the sports announcer again.. I didn't say calling the action for the hometeam only.. I said for EITHER team.. because exciting play is exciting play no matter who's doing the winning.. the announcer has to engage the listening audience..

And what's that you said? Go Pox? :wall:

#&%! southsiders...

Stef

Heheh

Well, I guess I was reading too quickly about both teams. But still, you didnt answer about my question of who the hometeam at finals is? Nobody is, and thats the point

Hindenburg and WWII are examples of announcers relating information in a way similar to what you want to accuse Brandt of doing "unprofessionally" -- it absolutely relates.

All three situations are emotionally charged situations in which a PROFESSIONAL announcer related information effectively, truthfully and WITH EMOTION to a waiting, listening audience.

Showing emotion doesn't make you unprofessional.. and for the record, I realize YOUR opinion is that it's unprofessional.. and you're entitled to it.. whether you want to explain why effectively or not.

My opinion is that you're wrong and I've given you reasons why I think my opinion is valid and yours is wrong. That's how you argue a point legitimately.

Stef

Don't forget any numbre of sports announcers who have pretty much lost it in teh heat of the moment....yet have NEVER been termed unproffessional...

Don't reemember the announcers specifically, but:

"Do you believe in miracles? YES!!!!"

"THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!" (that's for you RFEAL old farts!!)

"And DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!!" (pretty much any Kentucky Derby)

etc, etc, etc.

Unproffessonial behavior on Brandt's case would be him grabbing the mike and berating the judges for awarding a particular corps a particular place (San Diego babeball fans from YEARS back may remember when Ray Kroc -- who owned the team at the time -- actually berated the team DURING a game for their #### poor play....THAT was unprofessional in the extreme).

I don't want a ####### robot in the booth.....i want a Brandt Crocker or a Joe Bruno....someone with some personality who will mirror the emotion we see on the field.

I cannot think of hearing any other voice at DCI.....whiever takes over when he passes will have some gynormous shoes to fill.

You know what, I am not going to take this ######## from all of you anymore. I am being bullied for my opinion, made fun of, and mocked! I haven't done that to a single one of you up until now, and I do not appreciate the low blows and complete lack of courtesy! Shame on all of you that have done that.

Someone call the a7-whaaaambulance.gif

Don't forget any numbre of sports announcers who have pretty much lost it in teh heat of the moment....yet have NEVER been termed unproffessional...

Don't reemember the announcers specifically, but:

"Do you believe in miracles? YES!!!!"

"THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT! THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!" (that's for you RFEAL old farts!!)

"And DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME!!" (pretty much any Kentucky Derby)

etc, etc, etc.

Unproffessonial behavior on Brandt's case would be him grabbing the mike and berating the judges for awarding a particular corps a particular place (San Diego babeball fans from YEARS back may remember when Ray Kroc -- who owned the team at the time -- actually berated the team DURING a game for their #### poor play....THAT was unprofessional in the extreme).

I don't want a ####### robot in the booth.....i want a Brandt Crocker or a Joe Bruno....someone with some personality who will mirror the emotion we see on the field.

I cannot think of hearing any other voice at DCI.....whiever takes over when he passes will have some gynormous shoes to fill.

They are the home team's announcers, they are paid to support and cheer and yell and scream for their team winning, just like if you turned on the radio and heard the other teams' announcers doing the same if the situation was reversed.

Heheh

Well, I guess I was reading too quickly about both teams. But still, you didnt answer about my question of who the hometeam at finals is? Nobody is, and thats the point

There doesn't need to be a home team for the announcer to get involved in what he's announcing for drum corps.. that's MY point.

Meet me downtown this Saturday and we'll duke it out.. :wall: then we'll :mmm: and all will be forgotten..

better yet, come on over to Triton on Saturday night around 4:30 or 5.. I could use some help setting up and serving dinner..

Stef

There doesn't need to be a home team for the announcer to get involved in what he's announcing for drum corps.. that's MY point.

Meet me downtown this Saturday and we'll duke it out.. :wall: then we'll :mmm: and all will be forgotten..

better yet, come on over to Triton on Saturday night around 4:30 or 5.. I could use some help setting up and serving dinner..

Stef

Whatever, I have stuff to say but its like beating a dead horse. Or something like that.

:OT:

Just kidding!

Im looking forward to that!

They are the home team's announcers, they are paid to support and cheer and yell and scream for their team winning, just like if you turned on the radio and heard the other teams' announcers doing the same if the situation was reversed.

All right then....how about the NORWEGIAN announcer who was exuberent when Dan Jansen - an American - finaly won his speed skating gold in Lillihammer??? Was HE being unprofessional??

Hardly...it was nice to hear that someone from another country -- one with a STRONG skating tradition -- was pulling for one of our own.

Holy good GOD, people!

yabetterbelieveit, you need a hug. yes you do!!! And PLEASE get rid of that ####-poor Z-pull, and insert the magnificent one from 1983! :P

Other than BDSop, not a single other person has even hinted at HEARING the said inflection (Finals 1992). I've been listening to his fantastic announcing since 1982, and never EVER has he made a ruckus like that. And stop with the "it was loud" jazz. Madison's 1988 win reaction was TEN TIMES louder!!! Remember: I myself said that he is tops. We could be stuck w/ that boob who filled in for the 1986&1987 championships. (He was the same announcer, to those who remember the first Preview of Champions, who chastised the audience at Camp Randall ["Ladies and Gentlemen, that was uncalled for!!!"] for booing the Cavies' second-place finish--in essence, booing Star).

Anyway, back to my opening remarks: I did offer two very secure pieces of evidence to suggest that B Crocker gets a stokey for the Cavaliers. I have zero problem with that, as his professionalism has never been questioned by me or anyone I know. I just wondered who else---based upon hearing the SAME evidence (from videos)---might have had the same thought.

Holy good GOD, people!

yabetterbelieveit, you need a hug. yes you do!!! And PLEASE get rid of that ####-poor Z-pull, and insert the magnificent one from 1983! :P

2003 had a really really awesome Z-pull it was very well done. 1983 is more "ahhh!"