Nice Poll on DCP Main Page

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record Govenaires from St.Peter Mn. is spelled with 1 "r" . The Governaires from Bismark ND is spelled with 2 "r's" and was/is all male.

The two corps meet once at a show in Northfield Mn. in the 80's. The Governaires beat the Govenaires, and Brass (MBI) won the show, and fun was had by all. I vagly remember the The Governaires singing around the camp fire, till all hours of the night. If they could of marched as well as they sang, they would of dusted everyone.

So with this in mind, please add 100 votes for the Govenaires for all the old drum corps folks that were confused and didn't vote :P

i'll lay odds that by tomorrow, we have more posts complaining (insert corps) name wasn't listed

I'm going to catch heck for this, but I'm really looking forward to Bushwackers playing "fanfare for the new". If you're not familiar with it, listen to the Guardsmen from 1979.

Hey Mike! Why would you catch heck for your opinion? Here in these environs of DCP?

I hope you enjoy this year's show as well!

:)

I'm going to catch heck for this, but I'm really looking forward to Bushwackers playing "fanfare for the new". If you're not familiar with it, listen to the Guardsmen from 1979.

BD 87's version was pretty hot too

Just for the record Govenaires from St.Peter Mn. is spelled with 1 "r" . The Governaires from Bismark ND is spelled with 2 "r's" and was/is all male.

The two corps met once at a show in Northfield Mn. in the 80's. The Governaires beat the Govenaires, and Brass (MBI) won the show, and fun was had by all. I vagly remember the The Governaires singing around the camp fire, till all hours of the night. If they could of marched as well as they sang, they would of dusted everyone.

So with this in mind, please add 100 votes for the Govenaires for all the old drum corps folks that were confused and didn't vote :P

I marched in a show in MN against the Bismark Govies in the 80s when I was in the Boys of 76. Must have been Northfield. Those boys sure could sing!!! They actually wrote the original version of our unofficial corps song (sung to the melody of Ghost Riders in the Sky). Me and Learch forced them to teach it to us. One of their lead sop players marched DCA prelims with us the next year. He stayed at my place for 2 weeks while he learned drill and music and he gave me his blue nylon corps jacket, which I still have. I'll never forget those guys marching into the post show party in parade formation with a "barrel of beer" squad instead of an A-squad singing their brains out. They blew us away!

Jimmy Hoffa.... :rock:

wrong wrong wrong

he's in Giants Stadium ~ get with the program Steve

:rock:

The poll (at least how I'm reading it) wants to know what Corps show (program) you are most interested in seeing.

What I am saying is maybe they should 1. Rephrase the initial question or 2. add ALL DCA Corps. Some people in Drum Corps may be more interested in seeing a corps show that isn't on the list.

just pointing it out

Yep,,its a shame people can't vote on the best hornline in class A ^0^