Corps still using key G bugles

A-G

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a King fan myself....G or Bb, doesn't matter to me. Love 'em both. The Kanstuls BD played on from 90-99 couldn't hold a candle to the Kings they played on before. As for Yamaha and Dynasty, not even in the same ballpark as King. Just one guys completely one-sided opinion though.

the KIngs were designed by Zig Kanstul. the later Kanstul horns BD played were often prototypes that were made at BD's request.

• 2 weeks later...

just to get back to it, i believe the vanguard cadets use G contras and are in the process of getting an all Bb hornline but run into financial issues alot so....maybe someday...

"Still in "G":"

The Park City Pride Alumni and the Hawthorne Caballeros Alumni are still in "G". So are the Reilly Raiders, Yankee Rebels, Blessed Sacrament, Archer-Epler, New York Skyliners, Reading's "Old Bucc's", Steel City Ambassadors, St Rita's Brassmen, Mighty St Joe's, Connecticut Alumni and the Light Brigade. I am quite sure there are many more, but these come to mind at this moment.

Many of the members of the afore mentioned corps actually OWN their own bugles. Park City recently purchsed several new four valve "G" contra bass bugles. Most of the horns are in "GF", with multiple valves, either two or three. A few "Valve-Rotos" can still be found.

I believe that Mr Riggie Laus, of the Pittsburg Steel City Alumni is the only person still using an Getzen GD valve-slide bugle. And doing it VERY well..... :whistle:

Elphaba

I just got a set of DVD's of the Philippine Drum Corps Finals. Looks like the old Legacy Video's with only one exception. They have a pit! A lot of those corps still using Valve/Rotor Bugles. They are only allowed to use G horns over there still.

• 2 weeks later...