Star 93

I dunno, I thought 1992 had the best hornline of the Star era, not to say 1993 wasn't great!

:P Just my two cents!

Agreed.

::throws two more in the pile::

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving to Historical.

... sounds like a brass choir, not 64 brass players tryign to play as loud as they can.

Thanks for the kind words...actually it was 72 horns (maybe 74...i'm getting old and can't remember)

One of the factors that may have contributed to their amazingness was the Indiana University's Ray Cramer worked with them during that time. If anyone does not know who Ray Cramer is, look him up. He's up in the ranks with the great collegiate/band/wind ensemble conductors... I'd say he's up there with Fred Fennell, Franke Wickes, Anthony Maiello, and H. Bob Reynolds.

Yes Ray is amazing but he never worked with us until the brass theater days. Speaking of IU, I actually expected our hornline to have more of their music majors than it did.

The first time I saw the 93 show, was on Buffalo, NY, and to say the least I was confused but at the same time amazed by this show.

I had been out of the drum corps scene since '78 so I was a lot out of tune with what was being done by the Division 1 corps at that point in time.

I loved the drill and the style of the show but it wasn't till I saw the show on video that I really fell in love with this show.

Call me a bit strange, many people have, I love this show !!! B)

Edited by ODBC

One of the factors that may have contributed to their amazingness was the Indiana University's Ray Cramer worked with them during that time. If anyone does not know who Ray Cramer is, look him up. He's up in the ranks with the great collegiate/band/wind ensemble conductors... I'd say he's up there with Fred Fennell, Franke Wickes, Anthony Maiello, and H. Bob Reynolds.

The major factors to Star's sound was Donnie Van Doren and Jim Prime Jr. Jimmer's arranging and Donnie's technique are simply amazing. :worthy::blink:

I was on tour with SCV in '93 working Miss Amana. I saw Star at least a half dozen times...and I hated their show.

Flame away, but that how I felt.

I felt the EXACT same way...............until about 1998. :) It HAD to grow on me. I LOVE it now.