Live Animals

I particularly liked the dove on the contra bell during retreat. The whole corps chased those birds around, waving flags at them etc. and the birds would just fly a few yards and re-land. It was a riot.

Westshores DM had one on each shoulder during retreat. Knew the guy so all I wanted to see if any of the feather rats crapped on his back. Classic souvie next year was a hooded sweatshirt with a dove drawing on the shoulder.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're called contras.
Wrong......drummers. :worthy: :P

Here's what the tournament of bands circuit has to say about the topic:

"10. PROHIBITED ITEMS:

The discharge of firearms or pyrotechnic displays is not permitted. For this purpose, pyrotechnics is defined as the use of any device involving explosives or fire. The use of fire extinquisher and/or CO2 devises is prohibited. The release of helium-filled objects is prohibited. No live animals, except for seeing eye dogs are permitted. The penalty for violation of this rule is disqualification."

Now wouldn't that be a sight to train seeing eye dogs drill so that they may lead an entirely blind drum corps.

tromboner42- The blind corps with seeing eye dogs is hilarious....but, would the judges also need "assistance dogs"? You'd really need a dog who was familiar with drum corps to judge GE. Of course, that would lead to corps playing," How Much Is That Doggie In The Window", or "Who Let the Dogs Out?" b**bs

tromboner42- The blind corps with seeing eye dogs is hilarious....but, would the judges also need "assistance dogs"? You'd really need a dog who was familiar with drum corps to judge GE. Of course, that would lead to corps playing," How Much Is That Doggie In The Window", or "Who Let the Dogs Out?" b**bs

Not to mention "Hound Dog"

Or a show of music by Poochini

B)

Or a show of music by Poochini

B)

:spit: Look what you made me do to my keyboard.

I think that DCI should seriously consider allowing live animals to be used in shows as long as the corps were humane to them. It would be a neat effect, especially if the animals could make noises during the show.

The next logical step in the development of the activity is to outlaw all animals, including humans. A much higher degree of precision can be achieved with recorded, amplified music and robots.

The next logical step in the development of the activity is to outlaw all animals, including humans. A much higher degree of precision can be achieved with recorded, amplified music and robots.

Or you could just watch a Stealthmen show. If you can find them. B)

Thanks for the reminder, Mike. I thought I remembered Sky Ryders using doves.