2006 DCI Classic Countdown

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Union Square theater in NYC was a smaller theater than last year (probably because they added an additional venue on 42nd Street), but the crowd was pretty good.

I was so happy to see Crossmen! I love that show.

The Mello soloist from the Cadets is probably my favorite ever. The crowd had several former Cadets in the audience and it was kind of cool to see people recognize themselves from 22 years ago. Wow that must be a wierd sensation . . .

Bridgmen, Star, Cadets and Phantom were best received. The Bridgemen are just surreal, I mean the dancing bird is classic.

My favorites were Crossmen, Cadets, and Vanguard.

My friend (who is pretty new to the activity) felt that Star and Bridgemen were the two tops for the night -- guess it just goes to show that the activity can be successful in reaching the audience in a WIDE variety of styles.

Had a decent turnout at Opry Mills (Nashville, TN.)

Loved shows from the 90s and earlier. :)

Livonia, Michigan was awesome!

Lots of cheering & whatnot during the Countdown.... I was glad I didnt have to be the only one!

I thought it was very funny to see the guy with one of the first corps marching a chime set. ha

When I saw Crown 04 live, I wasnt really a fan.... and after seeing it tonight I cant really say my opinion has changed. The only thing that might be a little different is that I've since seen "Rent" and understand the show a little more, but still.... I'm not a fan of amps used for singing purposes... even if it IS good...

BD's and Scouts' hornlines are hot!

I LOVED Big Noise!!!!!

And, last but not least, I <3 Phantom Regiment!! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh! Also... liked Crossmen's show, but I think I like Glassmen's (91) version of Appalacian Morning better. Maybe it's because it's the one I heard first? In any case, still interesting to hear how different corps come up with different arrangements of the same tunes.

"ya see....now there is someone with an ear for the good stuff "

(sorry, comps messed up and cant quote right)

haha... Sure thing! :D

I played that tune with my college marching band and it was hot then, especially with our 20 mellos, but hearing it drum corps style doesnt even begin to come close to comparing!!!

Edited by L.Peterson

"ya see....now there is someone with an ear for the good stuff "

(sorry, comps messed up and cant quote right)

haha... Sure thing! :D

I played that tune with my college marching band and it was hot then, especially with our 20 mellos, but hearing it drum corps style doesnt even begin to come close to comparing!!!

ha! that's cause its all about the baritones! BMO ya know!