PR '92 Questions

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i'm pretty sure it's something along the lines of "Viva France"....to me, everytime I hear it I hear "We Suck!"

Nice one Gumby. Been posting here long? <<took out the personal attack against Gumby--who should know better>>

To me it sounds like they're just yelling "VIVA!"

92 PR didn't suck. I thought it was a pretty cool show with some pretty imaginative drill.

Edited by Ryan H. Turner

I think it was "Vive le France!"

I enjoyed the show that year, me being a starry eyed rookie with Southwind in 92 and was able to see it live about 10-15 times that year. Not my favorite Phantom show over all, but I have a sentimental connection with it due to my first year in corps. Plus I am somewhat partial to Marty Hurley and John Wooton. Go figure. Oh, and Johnny Savage isn't that bad either. Go Cowboy Mouth!

I enjoyed the show that year, me being a starry eyed rookie with Southwind in 92

I should tell you that Southwind '92 is one of my favorite shows of all time. I remember being in Camp Randall watching the corps come in to rehearse and saying WOW, that is one beautiful show. Especially considering this was the morning after A and A-60 finals (I think it was still called that in 92).

I think "Viva" is more Mexican, Ryan. I believe Regiment said "Vive France."

Copy.

Hair.

Split.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh...

Before the ballad section, what does the corps yell to conclude the fast section?

Why is there a scream of "Phantom!!!!" before the first big hit- I thought that was a Vanguard thing.

Vive le France!

This was from Cesario. The French were the "bad guys" in the story. He'd likened Le Marsellaise to a song from Cabaret that starts out sounding patriotic but, halfway through, you realize it was actually glorifying the Nazis.

Vive le France!

This was from Cesario. The French were the "bad guys" in the story. He'd likened Le Marsellaise to a song from Cabaret that starts out sounding patriotic but, halfway through, you realize it was actually glorifying the Nazis.

And then didn't Bogart, in the middle of the Nazi song, tell Sam to play Le Marsellaise to confront the Nazi patriotism?