DCA vs. DCI

they are both amazing. end of story

^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^ ^OO^

Because the Renegades will be there.

b**bs

Thats good enough for me.

...Hmm, I'm glad to see that freedom of speech has resulted in flaming Fran's wardrobe. Now, we have a useful thread. I'm proud of the posters here. Actually, I secretly admire his tropical attire. It reminds me of some fabulous scuba trips.

I must invoke the......whichever........commandment and not speak ill of a fellow Sunriser.

Oh, what the hey, Fran dresses like a bad Steve Martin character. :P

...Hmm, I'm glad to see that freedom of speech has resulted in flaming Fran's wardrobe. Now, we have a useful thread. I'm proud of the posters here. Actually, I secretly admire his tropical attire. It reminds me of some fabulous scuba trips.
I must invoke the......whichever........commandment and not speak ill of a fellow Sunriser.

Oh, what the hey, Fran dresses like a bad Steve Martin character. :P

I will join you in observing this commandment... :rock:

From the 2006 Brass Reunion (April 29th)

franharing48rw.th.jpg

When he's not "working" and "hiding" in the crowd? b**bs

Tony B)

I will join you in observing this commandment... :laugh:

From the 2006 Brass Reunion (April 29th)

franharing48rw.th.jpg

When he's not "working" and "hiding" in the crowd? b**bs

Tony B)

I was wearing a "Texas Longhorns" T-shirt that day.... and I kept asking if there were any USC football fans at the show.

For some reason, no one stepped forward and said they were a USC fan. :P

Fran

I was wearing a "Texas Longhorns" T-shirt that day.... and I kept asking if there were any USC football fans at the show.

For some reason, no one stepped forward and said they were a USC fan. :P

Fran

Feellin' da love? b**bs

B)

• 14 years later...

My favorite show just happens to be a DCA corp 1977 Hawthorne Caballeros yet my favorite existing corp is the DCI Carolina Crown. There are great corps in both. I was there at the first World Open in 1963 won by the NY Skyliners who stayed DCA and was there accompanied by the Boston Crusaders who are a current powerhouse in DCI.  I would love to see a show where both DCA and DCI can compete together. There may be differences in their regular circuits however setting rules for a joint show I wouldn't think would be that difficult if great minds can get together. 

Actually, there is good incentive for the two leagues to enter into some sort of partnership, post-COVID.

Competing head-to-head seems unlikely, but combined shows may be on the horizon as the entire activity attempts to rebuild its base.

Some of these shows could be "judged" by applause meter. That might encourage attendance.

One thing for sure: It will take some out-of-the-box thinking to set this activity back on its feet.

• Like 4