Indianapolis 2008?

I'm not sure what the problem is here. DCI booked a stadium and set a line up for that show. Later, the stadium says you can't come (because of repairs) and so DCI looks for a stadium as close as possible that can handle a similar sized audience. What else would you have them do? I think they have done the best they could under the circumstances.

i agree. just like Allentown, DCI did the best they could on short notice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least battle creek hopefully won't have railroad tracks within 1/2 block of the stadium....

Nothing ruins a show like hearing HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKK HOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKK right during the quietest part of the ballad....

Also...the stadium is set to open for the 2008 season. That means DCI might be the very first event held in the new stadium. Talk about breaking it in.... Let's hope they finish in time. So often, they are still working on the last minute details before the Sept opening of stadiums. Me thinks, they should at least wait til 09.

I guarentee you that DCI will have a backup sight that will be reserved in case there is a delay in finishing the stadium. They'd be stupid not to. And they are not stupid.

:blink: noooooooooooooooooooooooo! not my ageout year!

:angel:

But in all seriousness....what's in Indianapolis? It doesn't even seem like an interesting place to go. Of course I've only ever been there for the regional, but even then... I really don't think I'd like Championships in Indy whether the roof is retractable or not.

IMHO

And what pray tell is in Madison? Fine stadium; check, State Street; yawn, Oh wait, the Capitol building!

Indys downtown is loaded with bars, restraunts, shopping, and museums. The metro area has numerous malls and is full of unique shopping for it is a national test market. If you like auto racing, you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting a track within 50miles, not to mention the Big track. Plenty of hotel rooms due to their thriving convention business. Orlando had everything under the sun and people wined. Places like Allentown and Madison are considered Holy ground, yet are as fun as watching paint dry. I guess you can't please everyone.

BTW Not only is the roof retractable but the side panels also either open or retract. Sound could be quite good. We will see. I drove past the construction site two weeks ago. They are moving along nicely.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Hall of Fame Museum

White River State Park

Zoo right along the river

NCAA Hall of Champions or whatever it's called

Lively downtown area

Lots of corn fields out in the country :)

Did I mention Indy :)

Hope DCI takes into consideration that the Brickyard 400 is held in Indy the first week in August and that could mean alot of hotel rooms will be GONE. 400,000 people in one place won't leave much space for DCI, I hope they don't double book the city.

Hope DCI takes into consideration that the Brickyard 400 is held in Indy the first week in August and that could mean alot of hotel rooms will be GONE. 400,000 people in one place won't leave much space for DCI, I hope they don't double book the city.

We're the second weekend.

Mike

We're the second weekend.

Mike

NASCAR fans apparently take a couple weeks to leave town after a race. :P

NASCAR fans apparently take a couple weeks to leave town after a race. :P

Only the ones passed out in the infield. And I think a front loader is used to scoop them up. They wouldn't be in the hotels, anyhow. :)

I guarentee you that DCI will have a backup sight that will be reserved in case there is a delay in finishing the stadium. They'd be stupid not to. And they are not stupid.

Does Washington DC ring a bell? There was not back-up, just a scramble after ticket were sold to a stadium that was not secured.

Does Washington DC ring a bell? There was not back-up, just a scramble after ticket were sold to a stadium that was not secured.

What was the time frame there? When did people find out of the move to Maryland?