I'm sorry, but it has to be said

Remember that not everyone has expressed thier opinion. There are 153 posts, many of which are repeats. Even if the 153 were all single posts, that's 153 people. My graudating class from high school was bigger than that. Even so, I sitck with my previous statement, both shows are great hence the tie.

Just trying to put everything into perspective

There is no tie. Ties can only occur between two competing corps on the same year.

They simply happen to be two corps who scored the same in different fields and in different years. That is NOT a tie.

And again, really, I think the poll has settled this pretty handily.

Edited by jake_the_hydra

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as how the poll is based on opinion, I don't think it's proved anything. Except that more people on DCP thought Cavies 02 was better than Cadets 05. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're correct.

Seeing as how the poll is based on opinion, I don't think it's proved anything. Except that more people on DCP thought Cavies 02 was better than Cadets 05. That doesn't necessarily mean that they're correct.

No, it doesn't mean they're correct, but it is quite interesting to see how lopsided it turned out. It's a pretty sizable consensus, on all three counts, especially the first one.

and while amps were voted against consistently on dcp, the pro ampers always told us the posters here are just a small segment of drum corps fans.

one dcp poll means nothing in the overall drum corps scheme of things

Wow, this thread's still going on? I'm not even going to bother reading the stuff I missed, but my point still stands (well, its not really a point) that I enjoy the Cadets 2005 show much more. Is that okay? Guess not, but I don't care. I'm gonna go collapse now.

eh, 86 BD was better :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....yeah, that was a good year...

They were both excellent in their own way

and while amps were voted against consistently on dcp, the pro ampers always told us the posters here are just a small segment of drum corps fans.

Maybe, but I think you'll find a similar consensus within the drum corps community regarding this issue. Most intelligent drum corps people I know and respect don't even think it's a contest.

Different strokes, I guess.

I posted a poll a while ago asking if people thought that idea was actually true. Most feel it is false.

Poll thread

77% of people who actually go to shows, and take other people to shows, feel that most people at shows are in fact not the musically illiterate "average joe football" that some claim. And the 2 largest groups of people who go to shows, band kids and alumni, are exactly the same kind of people who post on DCP. Imagine that.

So the feelings of DCPers have a very strong chance of being reflective of the opinions of most fans.

Edited by G-Cym