I'm sorry, but it has to be said

I don't much care for either show.YMMV, of course.

Well-executed, though, the both of them.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I've ever heard someone claim that any corps had more physical demands than the Cavaliers... to be honest, I can't even begin to comprehend how you think that... ... ... :unsure:

Playing one's instrument while marching at 200 bpm is pretty physical...So is playing percussion cleanly.

Edited by JamMan

all i can say is "shave and a hair cut, 3 ticks"

apples to oranges tho. D2/3 sheets have totally different criteria

Yes, absolutely know they are different sheets. Still though, Magic's score was technically the highest of DCI. You hear everyone talking about how 99.15 is less than one point from perfect. The same type of thing would be going on. I'm just saying you could pretty much count on The Cavaliers scoring higher than Magic just because of how the scores look from the outside.

I'm just glad that the poll, at least for now, has shown us the fairly overwhelming consensus that Frameworks is "better."

Also, let it be repeated that anyone who thinks The Cavaliers should have more physical demand in their shows cannot be taken seriously. That's like asking BD for more jazz.

Say what you want about the merits of each performance, but I'd say both got the score because they were the standout champions in weak fields- the significance is not the score itself, but the spread. Cavaliers and Cadets were the indisputed champions of their year.

Cadets in 93 and Cavaliers in 04? Not so much. A lot closer- stronger fields. Much stronger. 93 was pretty close to a three-horse race, and 04 had the strongest top 2 in a looong time.

There's the rub.

fans who read the threads on DCP say it's the winner. as we're told by amphuggers, that in no way speaks for all of drum corps fans everywhere :P