I'm sorry, but it has to be said

That's probably because their later stuff IS a lot better than their early stuff. Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Abbey Road- that's the only stuff I really listen to anymore. Rubber Soul is good too, but before that, just turn on an oldies radio station.

Well...that IS what they were!

Actually, I like the entire "Hard Days Night" album. Can't say I really care for "Magical Mystery Tour"....but "Let it Be" has some good stuff too. I have their first US album..."Meet the Beatles"...on vinyl...from 'back then'. My grandfather gave it to me, actually.

Also have the White Album on vinyl...and "Sgt Peppers"..."Hard Days Night"....and "Help!".

"Help!" has some good music...but the film was just so darn lame.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Well, how bout a little.... afro.gif ...Billy Preston (who DID perform with the Beatles!) ]

They were actually going to ask Billy to join the group. Then they broke up.

Put me in the early (pre-Sgt. Pepper) Beatles camp. That's the stuff I listen to and think is the greatest music of all time, and what will be considered the classical music of tomorrow.

Topic? Still don't like either show. Cavies owned their night, though. Cadets won big, but didn't seem to me to dominate like Cavaliers did.

And you're cracking on the Cavaliers drumline??? Try listening to some of the nasty ensemble brass releases (of whole notes for crying out loud!) in the 1986 Blue Devils. And not the cool kind when a jazz soloist intentionally hangs over. If you're gonna try and encapsulate an entire performance based on two or three seconds of a show, at least be consistent.

hi,

allow me to introduce you to the smilie :P

:P means funny, facecious, sarcastic, off color...........HUMOR.

again, :P in the post means it isn't meant to be taken seriously.

this humor lesson has been brought to you by the smilies :) :P :lol: :spit: :lolhit: and :ph34r:

You mean you don't like: smilie_help.gif

Help! is my favourite Beatles album.

Abbey Road is 2nd.

Topic? Still don't like either show. Cavies owned their night, though. Cadets won big, but didn't seem to me to dominate like Cavaliers did.

I am inclined to agree. And I think the discrepancy has a lot to do with how the crowd felt not only at finals, but during the season. I marched both years and so both corps many times both years. And in 02, Cavaliers were the buzz of the activity. Yeah the drumline might have not been spotless, and a few other things might not have clicked the same way they did for Cadets last year. But Cavies won the crowd. For every person who says Cavies 02 music is boring to just listne to, there are probably 20 people who sat with their mouths agape for 11 minutes while watching them live. And the same just cannot be said for Cadets 05. For whatever reason: their use of amps, vocals, the big door, the backwards unis, being jealous of their cleanliness, or just plain not liking the Cadets, they simply did not have the same level of vibe that the Cavies did in 02. So we can argue about a 20th of a point here and a 10th there all night long, but in the end, the audience has the last word. And for anyone who spent a lot of time on the circuit both seasons, or even just saw both Finals live, I think the opinion of the crowd was pretty clear.