Rudeness from souvie booths/staff/members

I think the coolest guys to hang out with (and buy from) are the Bluecoats souvies guys..I had so much fun talking to those guys the past couple of summers. Also I love hanging out with Troopers souvies..they are cool as well. Just full of history and fun to talk too. Oh and Spirit also...they have the coolest volunteers on their souvie wagons as well. And of course SCV... :whistle: Oh heck...I never had any problems with any of them and they know who I am once I mention my name. :) Once I actually ran into Don Warren hanging out at the Cavies souvie booth and we had a blast. :)

People should just remember everyone has opinions and most are volunteers, they aren't getting paid so they're entitled to have their opinions...I found out that I didn't necessarily agree with the Bluecoats guys on everything but we hit it off anyway... :)

I've never run into any rude staff members or volunteers working the booths.

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One major difference, at least you have a choice, you can buy a medium shirt and have it hang a little big on you. But try being a size XXXL, and putting on a XL shirt. Doesn't work.

Not saying that you shouldn't have that choice to buy a Small, but as someone who used to be very small, I could always wear a bigger size, but once you get bigger, you can't wear the smaller size. At least not comfortably and have it look nice.

Understandable, and I see your point.....but I would also personally recommend if that you're a size XXXL, to consider losing weight for your own health and whatnot. That's my opinion, at least. Or at least do SOMETHING so that your size is a bit easier to cater to. There are a lot more small sized people in drum corps, than XXXL ones.

I remember the Colts guy being very nice. Passed him a few times after shows and he was very personable, even though I never purchased anything from him. In my own opinion, our souvie people were bomb! They were the nicest couple ever, offering lots of things to the members for free and definetly were a riot. I made a point to talk to them after every show. Really great. I hope they are on board this year.

I think the coolest guys to hang out with (and buy from) are the Bluecoats souvies guys..I had so much fun talking to those guys the past couple of summers. Also I love hanging out with Troopers souvies..they are cool as well. Just full of history and fun to talk too. Oh and Spirit also...they have the coolest volunteers on their souvie wagons as well. And of course SCV... :whistle: Oh heck...I never had any problems with any of them and they know who I am once I mention my name. :) Once I actually ran into Don Warren hanging out at the Cavies souvie booth and we had a blast. :)

People should just remember everyone has opinions and most are volunteers, they aren't getting paid so they're entitled to have their opinions...I found out that I didn't necessarily agree with the Bluecoats guys on everything but we hit it off anyway... :)

I've never run into any rude staff members or volunteers working the booths.

Lancerlady, I remember talking with you in Denver. My good friend Dan (contra '93 as well) were on tour that week and having a blast as usual. I've read most of the posts on here and have to admit that I think it's ok to root for your home team. We're all passionate about the activity. I'm not so certain I'd ever start openly bad mouthing another corps, especially if I'm working, but I can say I've seen and heard people bad mouth the Bluecoats....and we laugh it off.

I love the people working souvies. I've done it all as a corps member (three years), alum, board member, alumni coordinator, cook truck volunteer, and now souvie guy. I've had the most fun on tour with souvies. Get to meet a lot of people and if you don't take things too seriously, the people you meet (even the ones from teams you may not like!) are great.

Dan and I should be out a couple of time on tour this summer. I think July this year....we're going to try to do the midwest or the swamp tour to Texas. Thanks for the kind words! Go Blue!

DW

PS Saw the corps at drill camp last weekend.....holy crap....watch out, things in the mirror are closer than they appear!

I worked The Cadets booth a hand full of times on tour in 2005. It seemed we were always next to or right by The Cavaliers booth. I thought there would be static. The Cavaliers souvie people are a bunch of great guys, really really nice people. We even talked about the 2005 season. Our collective opinion was: Cavaliers will win some years, Cadets will win some years, But aren't the corps great! Every time we saw each other we talked and laughed. Great guys on the Cavaliers souvie staff.

Now, The Crossmen people are rude! :P

That's probably because YEA! decided to use one souvie truck for both corps. Why can't Crossmen have their own souvie truck?

Hey..I'm as much of a competitor as the next guy..but you should watch what you say, exp. when you are a corps sovie person.

Went to DCA Prelims at Allentown back in the 80s a few times and some of the best "DC Family" spirit was in the souvie area. (End of the walkway between the two decks.) Couple of different years I heard souvie people offer to watch another corps table so those souvie people could watch their corps shows. Can't remember corps names anymore but at least one was a top 10 corps offering to watch for a new corps that would not make Finals. ("We'll watch your stuff. C'mon, you can't miss your corps the first time here.")

but I would also personally recommend if that you're a size XXXL, to consider losing weight for your own health and whatnot.

Good advice.

But for the record...not everyone that requires this size is actually over-weight.

Some people are just that big all by themselves!

I can tell you from experience that the Div. II & III souvie people are really awesome. The corps we traveled with last year was very short on support staff for most of the tour, so we had a couple of our younger daughters working the souvie stand. The folks from corps like Memphis, Impulse, Raiders, Surf, etc. were really great about watching the booth for them when they needed to get something to eat, or helping them get the tent up when the rest of us were busy watering the corps. It seems like everyone at the II/III level acts like one big family.