1977 Caballeros Clip On Website

:blink: Wow. With all due respect and deference to The 1977 Sunrisers.......not quite sure how Hawthorne didn't make it 6 out of 8 that year.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

Eric,

It's all shot in that low angle you like, too. What was Jimmy bouncing around on? A TV tray? I'm with you on wondering what the Sunrisers would have done to beat that show.

How about it, Fran. Is there a video of the champs from '77?

Edited by MJH

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem memory isn't what it used to be...LOL

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2006

Tell me about it. After looking at the 1977 scores I see Westshoremen beat Erie by two points at Prelims and lost to them by THREE points at Finals. First time we made Finals since 1970 so sure we left the better show on the Prelims field. Wonder if the T-Birds had a horrible Prelims and bounced back too. Totally forgot we came in 9th at Prelims......

Oh wow, just saw Southwind in the Prelims scores. They competed as the Yankee Rebels during the year so they would be able to compete at DCA shows as a full DCA member.

Believe me....so would I!!!

If ANYONE has a video from Harrisburg (or even Baltimore.........Tony????) of the Cabs Alumni, would you mind sending it to the webmaster of the Caballeros (or even send it directly to me) so they may be able to put it on our site???

Thanks in advance

Would you settle for the next best thing? Shoot me an email and let me know when you are listening to Diceman Radio and I'll gladly play your Serenade performce for you. Hugs!

Would you settle for the next best thing? Shoot me an email and let me know when you are listening to Diceman Radio and I'll gladly play your Serenade performce for you. Hugs!

Nanci....

Is it possible that you can just send the recording to me??

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance...

Nanci....

Is it possible that you can just send the recording to me??

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance...

Frank,

Diceman Radios' contract with Live365/RIAA, ASCAP (not to mention agreements with DCA, Baker Video Productions, Digital Recordings, POCM et al) prohibits us from making available anything in our playlist...

Sorry, you'll just have to listen in!

:)

Joe,

I'm looking onto it....

Tony B)

SunAlumPR Staff

SunAlumPR@gmail.com

Edited by TennTux

Eric,

It's all shot in that low angle you like, too. What was Jimmy bouncing around on? A TV tray? I'm with you on wondering what the Sunrisers would have done to beat that show.

Hey Joe.......good to see you are on here. Watching show right now before I leave work. Great stuff. I am thinking Dennis DeLucia may have been worth .06 of a point :)

Sunrisers were hot back then though. At least from what I can remember from the Albums since I was only 5 at the time:)

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

Joe,

I'm looking onto it....

Tony B)

SunAlumPR Staff

SunAlumPR@gmail.com

The 1977 DCA Finals was the only one, as far as I know, that was recorded for broadcast on a local PBS station.... the one in the Allentown area.

Fred Windish, I'm pretty sure, could answer the question of whether a video of that show exists.... I honestly don't remember whether the broadcast was a "highlights show" or full performances of several of the top corps.

Sorry for the "time delay" response to the '77 question.... Barbara and I just got back from spending some time in Germany.... and we stayed blissfully out of e-mail range during the trip. After I get about three days' sleep maybe I'll post some thoughts about our journey. :P

Fran