Favorite drum solo

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked Madison's '92 solo in City of Angels with the cymbals and crazy cross-sticking. Was it the next year ('93) that they did a similar solo with some of the cymbals in front and some in the back? That was pretty entertaining also.

I've always liked Madison's '92 solo in City of Angels with the cymbals and crazy cross-sticking. Was it the next year ('93) that they did a similar solo with some of the cymbals in front and some in the back? That was pretty entertaining also.

'94 is when they brought the cymbals in front of the snares and the pit (also on cymbals) behind the snares. '93 had the yellow tom drums mounted on either side of the snares when the brass came back in after the drum solo.

Hey Mike D! You're not the only one to remember those groovy sixties' shows!

So....

68(?) 27th Lancers with the bugle call

72 (?) was when the Bleau Raders blew everyone away with the 'trible toms' feature

75 Madison I can't recall one show when the crowd wasn't awestruck by 'Dueling Banjos'

As for New Skool...

2005 Cavies get my vote...just frickin' good!

Hey Mike D! You're not the only one to remember those groovy sixties' shows!

So....

68(?) 27th Lancers with the bugle call

72 (?) was when the Bleau Raders blew everyone away with the 'trible toms' feature

75 Madison I can't recall one show when the crowd wasn't awestruck by 'Dueling Banjos'

As for New Skool...

2005 Cavies get my vote...just frickin' good!

Always liked 2-7 drumlines...also Blue Rock's 71 solo was excellent.

We did a Fife and drum thing in 71 after the Peace Sign that had a soprano and later baritone added to it...it was pretty neat.

SCV's "Stone Ground Seven".....a masterpiece.

Bridgemen's "Black-Market Juggler".....WOW!

B)

Amen! Can't say much after that.

Bridgemen are way overrated...I would take Spirit's "Devil Went down to Georgia" anyday of the same year...those guys definitely had more chops and played much cleaner.

I also like "Paradox" 1982/83 Devs...again, way cleaner and more advanced than Bayonne.

I also like 1983 SCV "Bohema"...a very risky thing to do at the time...but how tasteful!

new school? hmmmm

1992 Madison (definitely see Moore's influence over the line this year)...just simply crowd rousing and great music construction.

1993 Star of Indiana...absolutely brilliant. nuff said.

2000 Cadets were cool. kind of a old and new school solo.

Edited by walder