Help Fill in some blanks

http://www.padchof.com/list.htm

This link is to a very comprehensive lists of drum corps past and present

from Pennsylvania, I would love to fill in a bunch of blanks on this list,

like dates, evolution's, etc. Also, there are connected links to known

locations of information on these corps, if you have or know of a site,

please send it along as well, and I will post it up.

Thanks!

Gary Matczak

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have the drum corps history books?

best i can find on the Bonnie Scots is they were formed in the early 50's. The last year I know of for Hershey Choclatiers is 1980. The Longshoremen name changed in 52 I believe to Westshore.

Reilly was formed in 46 i believe and lasted til 67, then the 68 merger happened.

the VFW Millersburg post may be a duplicate for the Bonnies, as the Wormleysburg VFW post may be a dup for Longshoremen/Westshoremen.

The Privateers to my knowledge were junior only...many members found Westshore

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Ooops, sent this to www.dbcna.com while back and forgot the padchof site... :wall:

New one:

37th Regiment 1977-1978 (think 1978 also) Sr parade corps from Harrisburg.

Corps was actually made up of Westshoremen who did Halloween parades to raise $$$ for Westshore. So many member were away at college (like me :( ) Hershman didn't want half a corps to appear in public. So a new corps was "created" wearing straw hats and flannel shirts.

Update:

Keystone Kavaliers 1973-1974 Harrisburg/Linglestown Sr corps that never got off the ground.

Corps formed by ex-Westshore members when the corps folded. Keystone folded and most of the 24 or so members joined Westshore when Westshore reformed in early 1974.

Have also heard about a VFW corps from Hanover that merged with the Hanover AL Post (aka Lancers) in late 40s/early 50s. Will have to ask when I get a chance.

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Jim, I remember doing some 37th gigs in 79 & 80 as well!

I also think Hershey folded at the end of the 79, unless they stayed around for a little while and did some parades, but I DO remember a few people that came over to Westshore in 80 from there.

Where's Handy? I think he was one of them?!?!? (come to think of it)

Ooops, sent this to www.dbcna.com while back and forgot the padchof site... :wall:

New one:

37th Regiment 1977-1978 (think 1978 also) Sr parade corps from Harrisburg.

Corps was actually made up of Westshoremen who did Halloween parades to raise $$$ for Westshore. So many member were away at college (like me :( ) Hershman didn't want half a corps to appear in public. So a new corps was "created" wearing straw hats and flannel shirts.

Update:

Keystone Kavaliers 1973-1974 Harrisburg/Linglestown Sr corps that never got off the ground.

Corps formed by ex-Westshore members when the corps folded. Keystone folded and most of the 24 or so members joined Westshore when Westshore reformed in early 1974.

Have also heard about a VFW corps from Hanover that merged with the Hanover AL Post (aka Lancers) in late 40s/early 50s. Will have to ask when I get a chance.

you guys are on the other page with the other active PA corps, look here http://www.padchof.com/listactive.htm

soory for the confussion,..........................

I'm still waiting for them to fix the link to MVE.

Jim, I remember doing some 37th gigs in 79 & 80 as well!

I also think Hershey folded at the end of the 79, unless they stayed around for a little while and did some parades, but I DO remember a few people that came over to Westshore in 80 from there.

Where's Handy? I think he was one of them?!?!? (come to think of it)

Figures, I was away at college Fall 1977 to Dec 1979. Just another wierd ###ed December graduate. And Fall of 1980 I was out of corps due to rotating shifts at the Navy Base. Totally missed the 37th Regiment gigs. :(

Thought Hershey stuck together until DCA was held at Hershey the first time and that was it. Crap, I even bought a Chocolatier pin and patch between Prelims and Finals. If PADCHOF ever wants scans of PA corps memorabilia I've got a great start.

PS - 37th Regiment came from our first score when we reformed in 1974. Got a grand and glorious 37.35 the weekend before DCA. :wall:

i recall seeing hershey in 80 somewhere....a parade maybe?