Help Fill in some blanks

I looked over the same discussion over on 'that other board'. Since I don't post there, I'll put my additional comment here:

I'll have to disagree with John G. - #471 & 478 are NOT the same corps. While the Syria Shrine did sponsor the Thunderherd as a youth group in the 80s, the Shrine also maintained a drum and bugle marching division unit at the same time, which I still believe is marching today. Most recent recollection had them annually marching in the Ft Ligonier Days parade, which drew all of the shrine's parade/performance units.

Arabian costumes, rudimentary, most basic drumming, and piston bugles. Genie DM with a scimitar in front.

I'm keeping them both, and adding "sponsored the", and "sponsored by" in the second column,......................

Thanks!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: Tyrone Guardner Guards.....The then Meadville Thunderbirds competed against them in a parade format in the 1960's. Not sure of the years exactly, but that was the name of their corps' in that era.

http://www.padchof.com/list.htm

This link is to a very comprehensive lists of drum corps past and present

from Pennsylvania, I would love to fill in a bunch of blanks on this list,

like dates, evolution's, etc. Also, there are connected links to known

locations of information on these corps, if you have or know of a site,

please send it along as well, and I will post it up.

Thanks!

Gary Matczak

Gary,

Don't forget about the Keystone Regiment that started up in the Altoona area back in 2002. There is an entry on the guestbook of the PennsylvaniaDCHOF website from a Pam Kane. Here it is.

Pam Kane - Keystone Regiment - 2005-03-27 11:30:56

Hi - I was wondering how we can list info on your site? I am the secretary of the Keystone Regiment, a parade corps in Central PA. Weare based in Altoona but have members from about six surrounding counties. We are three years old and still building. We are a senior corps but have some rather young members. Please let me know how to be listed on your site. Thanks

Pam

I remember seeing them in a parade a couple of years ago in Somerset, Pa.

Gary,

Don't forget about the Keystone Regiment that started up in the Altoona area back in 2002. There is an entry on the guestbook of the PennsylvaniaDCHOF website from a Pam Kane. Here it is.

they can be found on the active corps page here http://www.padchof.com/listactive.htm and on the main page with there logo link here http://www.padchof.com/

Okay, for what it's, at the Centennial Parade in Cresson, Pa. today there were 3 (possibly a fourth but am not sure) Drum Corps performing. Steel City Ambassadors, Keystone Regiment fro Altoona, and Cadets Again, the latest version of the reforming of the Cambria Cadets. Didn't hear KR but their numbers seem to be increasing. Cadets Again (yeah, that's what they're calling themselves) have gone the way of the Bb with all new 3 valves. Seems like Drum Corps is trying to make a comeback in Central Pa. Upon dropping off a couple of Steel City's sops back at the beginnig of the parade to get their cars I noticed a Shriner with a 2 valve walking back to get his car so I guess they were there as well.

Gary, you may want to add "Cambria Cadets Again" to the website under the "active Corps" button..

And an 'Attaboy for anyone having the slightest clue where the Hades Cresson, PA is at. :huh:

I do but had to go thru it when I took the bus home from college. :sshh:

just up the road a ways from Nanty Glo :P

LMAO!!! :P Actually drove thru the Welsh term for "Coal Brook" one time just to see what it looked like.

After I was done, my first thought was "That that was 15 minutes wasted". :unsure:

Seriously way to go Cresson for having three or four corps at a parade. Only multi-corps parades I see anymore is Baltimore area during 4th of July.

... Now turning thread control back over to Mr Matczak....

Gary,

One I didn't see was a short lived project by brian Schell in the mid 80's called Northwind from Hershey..was to be a class a-60 corps...lotsa drummers, little brass, never fielded that i know of. i also remember hearing that a corps in Lebanon called Entertainment Express was getting started, but never saw more than that

Gary,

One I didn't see was a short lived project by brian Schell in the mid 80's called Northwind from Hershey..was to be a class a-60 corps...lotsa drummers, little brass, never fielded that i know of. i also remember hearing that a corps in Lebanon called Entertainment Express was getting started, but never saw more than that

I think Entertainment Express became Music Express out of South Jersey somewhere. It's a Kerschner (sp) thing with a lot of name lead sopranos and other really great players. Cossetti, "Grass", DelVecchio, Eiler, Gaff, and Ciny Crawford to name a few.