First score contest

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should review last year's Finals recaps . . . Phantom beat Cavaliers in Visual Performance by .2, and were only .7 behind The Cadets, and .25 behind Cavies for a very close 3rd place Visual score. Phantom can march just fine, thank you.

Are we talking next week, or last year, or twenty years ago???:lol:

I'll be willing to admit I was wrong after this weekend....will you?

Come on, it's the grinder! You simply can't fight it, no matter how hard you want to - the freaking thing is right so much it is scary! However, these first shows are the most innacurate, because unless I'm mistaken it relies on the previous show's score to a considerable degree.

I've watched it since 04 with awe on the BD forums. There are occassions where it is wrong, but they're pretty few and far between.

I'm saying an optimistic 71 for Regiment

Starting low is no indication of final placement LOL

In 1996 Regiment started the season with 69.1

behind Madison-69.2

and Cavies - 70.6

The last three years Phantom's scores have gone up more than any one elses, except Cadets last year, from the beginning to the end of the season; about 25 points . Most other corps only about 20-22 points. The Cadets went up about 28 points from a slow start (for them) to finals.

Phantom, at least recently, has an incredible ability to let the show develop, make the correct changes and additions, etc.

Edited by shawn craig

I'll be willing to admit I was wrong after this weekend....will you?

I made no predictions about this weekend. Therefore I cannot be "wrong" about it. Your statement sounded like a blanket indictment of the Regiment's ability to march. I merely pointed out that, last year, by the end of the season (when it really counts) Cavaliers were not superior to the Regiment in the marching department. The Regiment has the same visual staff in place, lots of vets, and – being their 50th anniversary – an extra measure of desire to excel. Given those facts, I have faith in their ability to do at least as well in the Visual caption this year as last.

Hmm...I think the following key words escaped you: "Perhaps you should review last year's Finals recaps " Seems pretty clear that he's talking about last year, and the fact that Regiment didn't lag as far behind Cavaliers as they usually do in visual.

I think your point was to castigate him for bringing up the past, but...isn't that exactly what you're doing, in a way, when you just assume that Cavaliers are going to come out visually clean as always? I mean...you're basing your opinion on past events, right? B)

For what it is worth, I don't think Regiment is going to catch up to Cavaliers in visual this year (or next week, if you prefer), but...I think significant strides have been made, and I don't think they will struggle in that category as much anymore. A little staff consistency goes a long way.

Phantom- 76.00

Cavaliers-75.35

It could happen...

And once the monkeys are in place up the ol' bunghole and ready for take-off, we'll let ya know.... :P

Cavaliers 75.2

PR 70.3

oh, and Bluecoats 70.1. PR might find out that their main midwest competition this year won't be the corps from Rosemont in front of them, but the corps from Ohio who'll be right WITH them.