Bluecoats 2006 - Something Incredible

I may be completely wrong, but I sort of assumed BAC/GMen's failure to stay competitive had to do with management issues and their inability to retain staff.

Somehow, I don't think the Bluecoats are currently experiencing this problem.

I would disagree that BAC has "failed to stay competitive. " I think spending 7 years in a row finishing between 5th and 9th is quite competitive. As for those varied placements, those have to do with the level of the design and performance from year to year relative to the surrounding corps---Boston's management and much of the staff has not changed during this period.

I frankly love the Bluecoats hype------it reminds me of the SCV hype at this time last year. Proceed.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O.K. I can't resist..."What's the #### Germans got to do with it?"

Animal House

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ####, NO!!!!"

Name the movie and you win a prize.

Fork it over, #####. ^0^

Okay, since noone answered the question regarding the movie quote I will.

The quote came from "Animal House" right after belushi said did we give up when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? and someone said what do the germans have to do with anything, and someone else said quiet, he's on a roll.

As for the other things in this topic.

I can't wait to see the Bluecoats this year. Yes, because I am an Alumnus of the corps, I hope they can break into the top 4 and even compete for the title right up until finals. Is it gonna happen? who knows. would it be great if they traded victories with PR, BD, Cadets, and Cavies this year. From my standpoint it would be. Also I've seen the photo's and the small clip of the opening move (The EKG blip) from their dress rehearsal and since that's about as much as we've seen of anyone else, I can say that they look like they are right there with those other corps, but again who knows. All I can say is Go Bloooo, Do it up Bass Line, and Let's go Fellas.

Edited by bluecoats88

No that orginial quote is out there somewhere. I know I've heard it before.

Kevin,

You got it in there when I was typing.

Kevin,

You got it in there when I was typing.

Yeah, I'm good like that.

And look at the bright side. At least nobody's bashing Bluecoats for a uni change. :D

My avatar's actually making fun of Crown. It's just so small you can't tell. Feel free to PM me if you want an explanation.

The point is: I don't march Crown, nor do I have any affiliation with the corps.

Thank god..I don't know who this person is, but he or she DOES NOT represent Carolina Crown. :sshh:

I don't see why it is necessary for them to insult two fine organizations. <**>

I can say, without reservation, that the members at CC respect thier competitors, including the 'Coats...that being said, they do very much look forward to competing with them, as I am sure the members of the Coats look forward to competing also! :)

I frankly love the Bluecoats hype------it reminds me of the SCV hype at this time last year. Proceed.

yeah... only the bluecoats havnt lost key staff members, changed their percussion style, and have a new drill writer... but other than that... just like SCV... :lol:

Okay, since noone answered the question regarding the movie quote I will.

The quote came from "Animal House" right after belushi said did we give up when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? and someone said what do the germans have to do with anything, and someone else said quiet, he's on a roll.

Animal House....close, but "no cigar". The movie with the quote is from about the same time period. Here's a clue: The quote "what's the #### Germans got to do with it" came from

"an officer of the law".

Concerning the topic. For what it's worth, I spoke with someone who attended the Blue Debut.

She is not really a Bluecoat fan. Her comment was "their show is certainly moving up a notch design wise from anything they've done in the past."