Bluecoats 2006 - Something Incredible

Inquiring minds want to know...to my knowledge, there are no plans to alter the uniform this year.

Well, I might be wrong....does placing a medal around members necks on August 12th, count as a uniform change?

:P

Elmo Blatch

They award metals to the entire Top 12 so, unless the corps does a downward spiral along the lines of the '64 Phillies, I'd say this would be a safe prediction.

He might be refering to the COLOR of the medal !!! :worthy:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where?????

Well, the Blue Debut is tomorrow. This doesnt show that much, as the clip is from Connexus 1 (a segment the corps has already released), but it will give you a little taste of things. After you click on the links, you will be taken to a site. Click on the photo. At the bottom of the page, you will notice about 20 pics, the second or third one from the left has a little movie projector under it.

To be honest, I dont know how this media stuff is online and how they got permission.

Link is in the middle

Elmo Blatch

Edited by Elmo Blatch

Nice to see all of you at BVA this weekend. We can pipe off about how good the 'Coats are all we want, but really we just have to wait and see. Who was on here that wanted "proof"? That made me laugh. Typical DCP reaction. Saturday will be a nice measuring stick with that lineup Blue, Cavies, PR, Gmen, and SW. If the 'Coats are as good as we say they are, then they should beat the Illinois contingent (or at least be right there with Cavs and PR)....if not, a little closer to Gmen. Jon, Elmo, we've been around the activity long enough to know that the '06 'Coats are in a place they've never been before. They have a show designed for the top 3, a talent level (and older corps) that can hang with anyone, and a staff that has the clout to produce. We can banter about all the things that are going on, but really, Saturday (and all the subsequent competition afterwards) will be what matters.

For all those that wanted our review and reaction, I think Jonathan's title for this thread is right on. The 'Coats are putting together something incredible. There is a unique vibe around the corps that I don't think we've ever felt. They expect to be great, they expect to challenge all summer, they know this program is incredible. Like Jonathan said in his original post, it's still dirty, but you can see where this is heading and how well put together the program is. There is some rewriting to be done, and much CG choreography to be implemented, but the shell of an incredible show is upon them.

Good luck Saturday Blue! I'll be interested to see how we start the season!

DW

Well, the Blue Debut is tomorrow. This doesnt show that much, as the clip is from Connexus 1 (a segment the corps has already released), but it will give you a little taste of things. After you click on the links, you will be taken to a site. Click on the photo. At the bottom of the page, you will notice about 20 pics, the second or third one from the left has a little movie projector under it.

To be honest, I dont know how this media stuff is online and how they got permission.

Link is in the middle

Elmo Blatch

When I clicked this, it took me to the forum home page. I think I found the link you're talking about in the Guestbook. The thread is "Pics/Video."

Yes, the Bluecoats are utilizing steel drums in the show. I love it. I hope you do too.

Jonathan

do you know if they got the steel drums from PANYARD?

do you know if they got the steel drums from PANYARD?

Man, you guys wanna know everything. Yes, the set of double seconds...I believe they did come from Akron, so yes, I do believe they came from Panyard--although this is by no means a formal announcement from the corps.

I played in a steel drum band for a few years. You ever price those puppies? They are not cheap.

Elmo Blatch

Man, you guys wanna know everything. Yes, the set of double seconds...I believe they did come from Akron, so yes, I do believe they came from Panyard--although this is by no means a formal announcement from the corps.

I played in a steel drum band for a few years. You ever price those puppies? They are not cheap.

Elmo Blatch

Nor are they fun to play on a sunny day <**>