What do you think of DCI's subtle rebranding?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they've had worse. i am sure some in other circuits wont like being thought of as a minor league, and i can see their point, but hey, DCI has had worse

What's wrong with Summer Music Games? :lol:

It's all promotional, which means it's all meant to be fun. Whatever slogan DCI chooses, I consider it just as harmless as the hometown ballclub having a bobblehead night.

Bobbleheads are also dumb, in my opinion. But, yes, harmless and fun. Fun is just one of many elements of good promotion. Accurate description is good too. It's all just a bit grandiose. For me, JUNIOR drum corps says it pretty well.

Marching music's major league... 7 syllables, say that five times fast... she sells seashells by the seashore... add that to drum corps international, 14 syllables, and summer music games for a total of 19. Brevity and catchiness is another element of good promotion.

Anyway, major league suggests something adult and professional. If there is a major league of marching music, it's Blast (1 syllable).

Shouldn't there at least be a few steroid scandals before DCI declares itself the major league of anything? And does anyone really MARCH anymore? Not saying they should, but for the sake of accuracy it's nothing like the average person's definition of marching hup two three four.

Summer Music Games... If there were multiple kinds of music competition it might make more sense, like the Highland Games of music. But, there's only one game. The olympics is nations coming together. We can't even keep a few Canadian corps going! Get the Japanese and Taiwanese and Indonesian and German and English drum corps over here and give them a chance to compete and I might buy it.

Drum corps is hard to describe, we all know that. Larger than life is good, but it's a fine line to self agrandizing.

I hate companies/people that use alliteration in their slogan or name. It's also funny how they've changed the colors on the DCI logo to mimic the colors of the MLB.

Can't MLB baseball sue because of infringement/copyright rights?

Can't MLB baseball sue because of infringement/copyright rights?

There are several professional leagues with the same design of red/blue background separated by white sport specific object, not just MLB:

logo_nba.gif

mlb-logo.gif

Irl_logo.jpg

NationalLacrosseLeague.jpg

ahl.gif

First of all...red,white,and blue logos are fairly common in this country, because it's.......America.

I always liked "The Summer Music Games" It works.

and....if it's TRULY "Drum Corps International" shouldn't DCI play more of a role in helping to get other international corps involved in Marching Music's Major League????? ( Don't forget...a few years back, a Sr. corps from Japan came to Scranton, and "spanked" a few respected American corps.)