Personal Favorite years in DCA

oops....#### dcp :P

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick question. Are related to the Regina from SKY who was our Melli instructor for the 1994 All Stars at the Macy's Parade? I think you are one in the same. If so......I was behind you during the parade and really felt bad as we had rehearsed a 28 to 30 inch stride and we were doing a 36 inch step during the parade(just to keep up with the drum line) and if in fact it was you......you were kind of on a dead run as we all were. Please ignore if this doesn't fit your profile. (House says it's you) b**bs

That would be me. I can't believe you remembered me from that. It seems like a lifetime ago. No need to apologize, as we were all pretty much in the same boat until we reached the staging area. Columbus Circle was fun!

I, however, must apologize to you for the lack of maturity and experience as an instructor. Not that there was much teaching that had to be done. The talent level of that section was mind blowing. Standing in front of 70+ Mellophones (that's bigger than any hornline I've marched with) was, undoubtedly, one of the greatest memories of my drum corps career.

I left there knowing I did a terrible job, but I thank Donny and the other staff for taking a chance on a punk kid and giving me the opportunity to be a part of it all. It was an honor.

And yes Jeff, Florida really was that bad.

Regina Quinn

Lots of personal favorites...

1997-First yr. in Sr. corps. First competition-Fairlawn Preview show. Brigs beat the mighty Cabs, (even though it was just a fan poll) '97 Prelims- 1st! WOW! Finals- my first drum corps championship win.

1999- Brigs exhibition at DCI finals, Madison. What a rush! 1st year of the four-peat!

2000- Predicted to myself in March we would go undefeated. What a ride. What a horn line! Listening to "Slaughter" still gives me goose-bumps!

2001- Continuing to ride the wave! Meeting the greatest people in the activity.

2002- My personal favorite Brigs show. It may rank as one of the best DCA shows ever. (Can you say, 'screamers'?)

2003- Marched 48th consecutive win by the Brigs. (Almost got the 'five-peat'...) Met Colleen, now my wife.

Witnessed the Tribute to Mr. Bruni. It was simply the right thing to do.

To all my friends in the DCA family...Thank-you.

Lots of personal favorites...

2002- My personal favorite Brigs show. It may rank as one of the best DCA shows ever. (Can you say, 'screamers'?)

To all my friends in the DCA family...Thank-you.

Mine too Mark! My favorite year marching EVER!!!!!!

As long as Donny started this thread, I'll play along...

Went back to Cru for '72... That too was special because we were special... a truly great corps (and the last truly competitive Legion Championship in Chicago over Cabs to show for it) the 4th place finish at Roosevelt Stadium was disappointing but what a year for DCA as corps quality in '72 was wonderful with 5 corps capable of winning...

And finally, 1978... my last performance in a dca championship... we were not expected to do anything so we figured we'd have some fun... 75 HORNS... 26 lead sops screeching... we were dirty and 6th was probably higher than we deserved, but this was the most FUN I'd ever had on the field... We set decibel records that may or may not have been exceeded by Renegades... LOUD IS GOOD....

Tom,

I would have to agree with your 1972 quality statement. Crusaders had a great horn line that year (I heard them at Jersey City), but only good enough to merit a tie for fourth due to the quality of the competition.