Personal Favorite years in DCA

Worst would be 1985 Sunrisers (only because of the way I "retired" from Drum Corps, I don't recommend driving into "the Largest and Oldest tree in the City of Bridgeport, CT." *so the City of Bridgeport's lawyers told me* as THE way to retire from our activity..... :worthy:

Tony B)

YOU'RE that guy?

:ph34r:

Yes, Liz..... :blink:

(approx. 6 hrs before my "van adjustment" after the June, 1985 Bridgeport show)

1985, Bridgeport, CT (Saturday night)

sunrisersdmjune81985tonywhiteb.th.jpg

(Sunday afternoon after the Bridgeport show)

sundayjune91985van6sq.th.jpg

(About 5 days after my "van adjustment")

tonyjune141985bridgeportct6bz.th.jpg

EVERY day above ground is a GREAT day! ~ Me :ph34r:

Tony B)

Edited by TennTux

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1999 - 2001- I clump all these years together because it was truly the greatest times of my marching career so far. We didn't win any championships, we didn't win a lot of shows (thanks Brigs!! l :grrr: ) but the main group of people in that era of the cabs history ended up being my best friends to this day. We had so much fun in those years, drum corps was just the "thing we had in common" that started it all. The partys, the insanity, the relationships. It was unreal.

2003 - We won. How can you not like that.

1999-2004 are all my favorite seasons in different respects. Especially with what Adam said before, the people I met in my 6 seasons with the Cabs led me to meet the best friends I have today. Winning is a great thing don't get me wrong, but being around the people in the Caballeros organization really made my years there REALLY special and memorable! B)

Least Favorites:

1997 Westshore: Trip to DCI in Florida.

2001 (Did not march): "Tell me again why we still do this?"

Favorites:

1990 Skyliners: Putting the uniform on for the first time and seeing the look in my Dad's eyes.

1996 Westshore: My very first DCA Championship.

1998 Reading: Patsy, my very best friend and one of the greatest people I have ever met.

2002 Empire: My salvation.

2003 Empire: Finals performance. You could truly feel Mr. B looking down on us. Brigs Tribute still gives me chills.

2004 Empire: Second DCA Championship and being able to share it with Shane, Patsy, Janis, David, Fred and Jim.

Most important: Many great friends, many great teachers, many great shows, many wonderful memories and the best marriage proposal a girl born into drum corps could have hoped for.

I have truly been blessed!

Regina Quinn

Least Favorites:

Favorites:

1990 Skyliners: Putting the uniform on for the first time and seeing the look in my Dad's eyes.

1998 Reading: Patsy, my very best friend and one of the greatest people I have ever met.

2003 Empire: Finals performance. You could truly feel Mr. B looking down on us. Brigs Tribute still gives me chills.

2004 Empire: Second DCA Championship and being able to share it with Shane, Patsy, Janis, David, Fred and Jim.

Most important: Many great friends, many great teachers, many great shows, many wonderful memories and the best marriage proposal a girl born into drum corps could have hoped for.

Regina Quinn

Just a quick question. Are related to the Regina from SKY who was our Melli instructor for the 1994 All Stars at the Macy's Parade? I think you are one in the same. If so......I was behind you during the parade and really felt bad as we had rehearsed a 28 to 30 inch stride and we were doing a 36 inch step during the parade(just to keep up with the drum line) and if in fact it was you......you were kind of on a dead run as we all were. Please ignore if this doesn't fit your profile. (House says it's you) b**bs

Edited by melligene

My favorite year is still my rookie year in 1987 with the Steel City Ambassadors. I loved everything about that season

(except the rain-shortened ending, blech! I STILL hate being in the rain!):

Finding the first group of people where I fit in!

Wearing Black & Gold every Saturday

Beating everybody at least once (except Cabs!)

Learning about all of the other corps.

Seeing the crowd's faces light up as Curt hit the high notes during his cadenza on the closer in Hamilton, ONT.

Partying with Westshore in the parking lot after the Hamilton show.

The corps begging to do more run-throughs.

The Bucs wondering if we were on steroids while watching us practice full-out in 100 degrees for the Chesapeake, MD show.

Doing my first very DCA show then graduating HS the next day.

Runner-up - 2003 Brigs:

Performing with so many talented people.

Doing the perfect show - every step, every note as perfect as I could make them - Prelims.

Playing "First Time Ever" to Statesmen at Retreat for Mr. Bruni. I didn't know him, but I feel proud to have played like that at that moment.

Honorable Mention - 2005 Empire Statesmen:

David B. & Co. could have passed on letting me in (considering the mess I had just left), but they didn't, and I am so glad. NOT winning was SO much more fun! Imagine, ME a Statesman! Whooda thunk it?!

Each of my years at Cru was such a roller coaster ride, so I can't characterize any of them as among my favorites. However, I cherish many moments from all of them, and my friends there are among the very best friends I ever made. I feel fortunate to say that I never had a bad year in drum corps.

Edited by Dale Bari

Gene...

Thats her and I hope that she had ear plugs after the Geritol in the bathroom incident. Thos were big steps.

Donny

Gene...

Thats her and I hope that she had ear plugs after the Geritol in the bathroom incident. Thos were big steps.

Donny

Ssssush about the "G"( and theBATroom thingee....New Yawkese)). I really felt bad for her. I/we were doing 36 inch strides and she was basically Running. (luved my Melli section though Mark Sinden, Myself, J.D. (from SKY...still don't know if he has a name) and Bob Vilvano (hope that's correct) from Blessed Sac.

Great Topic Donny.

Best year would be 1996, being a part of the "26 Iron Mothers", you know who you all are.

DB

:grrr::lol::lol:

Gene...

Donny

Okay, I feel sorry for Regina having to run and all those big steps we were forced to strut. But how about Hurcs' Al DeSantis? That crazy guy carried those 45" 2-ton plates throughout the whole Macy's parade!!! I even saw, definitely heard, him crash 'em a few times...buncha times.

On-topic: '94 Macy's All-Stars and '99 Plymouth Rock rock!

Larry Hershman: This is Cozy Lament #94 -- When do we do Macy's again??? Let me talk to NBC. <Dear NBC: Drum corps would like to roll in on 9 Cadets buses and one Empire bus to party in front of Macy's again and be on the Today Show in the Big App....>

Least Favorites:

Favorites:

Regina Quinn

now come on, Florida wasn't that bad :P