What the heck.... to take my mind off the spectacle of watching Phil Mickelson blow the U.S. Open on the final hole (it really hurt to watch him, and Colin Montgomerie, melt down on No. 18), <snip>

Bottom line: GAME ON! This should be a very interesting summer for DCA.

Fran

Fran,

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I just walked in the door. Sorry to hear about Mickelson.

Sounds like the talent level is mighty high for June. Terrific! Can't wait to get to the DCA shows this summer. Goin' to DCI Powder Springs, GA, Friday.

Edited by CozyChopsCom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sara? What did I say? Oh are you mad cause I didn't bring up corps from the west and south? Believe me I am a big Renegade fan and The MBI have been tearring it up for a while now. I was just refering to corps we will see weekly. I hope you get to march with the Renegades, that would be awesome. But I'd still love to see you in Bell Bottoms one day!

I know sweetie - I was just giving you a hard time. Sigh - I'll miss you all summer, but maybe I'll break down once and catch a show out here while I'm in town. And you never know, I might give into the Kick Pleat allure someday, just for you baby. b**bs

It was hard not to come to Wildwood this year - it sounds like it was a great show.

Fran, once again you made the evening magic, shirt and all (Chris Bauer would be proud).

Congratulations to the Buccaneers and all of the corps who competed last night, the energy in the Wildwood Convention Center could have lit the boardwalk it’s going to be a great year for the DCA.

The Caballeros would like to thank all of the corps, the fans and most of all our sponsors.

The City of Wildwood

The Wildwood Convention Center (their staff is amazing)

A J Wright

Dynasty USA

Last but not least the Caballeros would like to thank Mayor Ernie Troiano & Andy Vaden for bringing drum & bugle corps back to Wildwood.

Mark your calendars Only 364 for day to go June 16, 2007 for the 4th annual Cabs Beach Party.

As for the 2006 season I couldn’t have said it better, Game On!!!!!

Al -

Chris says thanx for the mention! And remember, no more than $9.99 for a shirt. Eckerts in Wildwood still has them on sale!!

Fran or anyone who sees Fran -

Chris would like to see pictures of these 'alleged' shirts that would make him proud. He's willing to go as high as $12.99 with inflation but THAT'S IT!!

Sounds like everyone had a good time last night - GOOD LUCK to ALL!!

Patty & Chris

Al -

Chris says thanx for the mention! And remember, no more than $9.99 for a shirt. Eckerts in Wildwood still has them on sale!!

Fran or anyone who sees Fran -

Chris would like to see pictures of these 'alleged' shirts that would make him proud. He's willing to go as high as $12.99 with inflation but THAT'S IT!!

Sounds like everyone had a good time last night - GOOD LUCK to ALL!!

Patty & Chris

I GOT IT!!!

I took a pic of Fran and Al. When I get a second or two, I'll download them and post 'em, perhaps tonight after work!!!

GAME ON!!!!

Fran, once again you made the evening magic, shirt and all (Chris Bauer would be proud).

Congratulations to the Buccaneers and all of the corps who competed last night, the energy in the Wildwood Convention Center could have lit the boardwalk it’s going to be a great year for the DCA.

The Caballeros would like to thank all of the corps, the fans and most of all our sponsors.

The City of Wildwood

The Wildwood Convention Center (their staff is amazing)

A J Wright

Dynasty USA

Last but not least the Caballeros would like to thank Mayor Ernie Troiano & Andy Vaden for bringing drum & bugle corps back to Wildwood.

Mark your calendars Only 364 for day to go June 16, 2007 for the 4th annual Cabs Beach Party.

As for the 2006 season I couldn’t have said it better, Game On!!!!!

Alan

You ran a great show. The Empire Statesmen wanted to thank everyone in Wildwood for making us feel so welcome. Mr. Mayor (Ernie Troiano) was wonderful. He even helped us at 7am on Sunday morning with a truck issue. LONG ride back to Rochester but it was worth it. Looking forward to next year.

Again Congrats on a great show! Good luck to everyone as the season moves forward.....

For three years now, the Buccaneers have eagerly anticipated the third weekend in June to kick off the competitive season in unique style. Nothing like the sea air, boardwalk pizza, go karts and camaraderie at Kelly's to get things rolling for the new season.

Thanks to Al and the entire Caballero family for yet another fine weekend in Wildwood!

I must say that the Cabs organization and the city of Wildwood are a great combo to run a drum corps show. The Cabs administration and the Mayor of Wildwood really have somethign great happening here.

Being with the Cabs Alumni this weekend, it was cool to be able to watch the competing corps as a spectator .......and then go out and have fun with the Alumni.

Congratulations to the Mayor, Al Katz, Richie Warga and all the others who work so hard to make this show a great kickoff of the Season !

All the best to all the corps in this 2006 Season.........

Thanks everyone for the kind words, we hope to keep this going for a long time.

Patty it great to hear from you, please tell Chris that the tradition continues, I am having problems squeezing into the $10.00 extra small sizes, I have moved up to the $15.00 XXL. But they are ugly just they way Chris liked them.

Please give him my best and tell him to pick up a phone now and then.

Alan

B)