White Sabers Weekend

OK...so I'm a "Richard Head" ! How many champions do you know of that became such by being passive ?

OKAY

His name IS RICHARD! What he is trying to say is that with an organization starting to climb a very large ladder we need to have everyone giving 100%. Our corps had what people call a death camp in unbareable heat. We really did go from 9am to 9pm on saturday (all on the drill field with breaks every 20 min. & alot of push-ups by one loud phat guy) and 9am to 3pm on sunday. Our corps has come a long way since last year. We will not except excuses. We really are starting to jell. Richard for you people who may not know him is a little exciteable (especially when things are going good). He's not affraid to tell you like it is. To see our corps give all they have and then come back and ask for more is something pretty cool to expirence. So to Richard stop being a RICHARD!!! lol

BOLOGNA

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY

His name IS RICHARD! What he is trying to say is that with an organization starting to climb a very large ladder we need to have everyone giving 100%. Our corps had what people call a death camp in unbareable heat. We really did go from 9am to 9pm on saturday (all on the drill field with breaks every 20 min. & alot of push-ups by one loud phat guy) and 9am to 3pm on sunday. Our corps has come a long way since last year. We will not except excuses. We really are starting to jell. Richard for you people who may not know him is a little exciteable (especially when things are going good). He's not affraid to tell you like it is. To see our corps give all they have and then come back and ask for more is something pretty cool to expirence. So to Richard stop being a RICHARD!!! lol

BOLOGNA

Pepperoni nip-ples...pepperoni nip-ples !

Mornin' Adam...miss ya pal !

Not so mornin' to you too Rick! I miss you and the family a lot!

Can't help it !!!...every once in a while the Canadian side of me pops through !

Kinda reminds me of the infamous cadence "Craven Moreheadd by Richard Fitzwell" or "The Return of Richard Fitzwell" :P

Edited by TenorsForWorldDomination

Pepperoni nip-ples...pepperoni nip-ples !

Why do you think people were running so fast on the field??

It wasn't the drill :bleah:

Love ya Bill !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if "Richard" tells it like it is, I'm thinking that might not

always be a bad thing. It will either make people step up to

the plate or not. It's up to them. Running the corps is up to

the staff and getting an organization of that size all working

together is a feat in itself. We all know that.

It requires dedicated people from the staff on down.

Our organization has a LOT of dedicated people. To go

where we want to go requires the dedication. Most of us

get that !!!!!!!!!! I should have, perhaps, stated myself a

little better in my original post that it's the "dedicated"

people that make it happen.

The hard work will hopefully show and pay off.

Love ya all (oh my God, I sound like Mike) ^0^

Well...you missed ALOT ! And, I would strongly suggest that if you want to be part of this organization that you NOT miss ANYTHING else for the rest of this season ! And , why don't you guys try staying with us once in a while ! There's 64 more great people you should get to know !

OK...medical emergency !!!...maybe, maybe not...doesn't matter anymore ! It's time to step up and be a FULL member of this organization.

I helped get this corps off the ground last year and I'll be ###### if ANYONE is going to lessen our chances for success !

Sincerely,

Rick Rogers, Jr.

White Sabers Percussion Administrator

and arranger

Hey Rick,

I know exactly how you feel. I also think Dan should remove '05 Brigs from his signature, since he did not march prelims or finals.

Good luck to you and your corps.

wow...I try to compliment the Sabers...and this happens, all I was saying was that I heard that the Sabers had an amazing weekend(the best so far, that I've heard) and I was excited for them, and very sorry about not being there( trust me had I been able to I would have, don't comment unless you know all the facts, there are 2 people(in the Sabers) besides Steph and I that know what happened) Personal attacks are uncalled for. I could go off on a few different things regarding various people in the Sabers, but, I don't, I have class.

It really looks great when you go after members of your own corps. great PR move, great family atmosphere etc...it really helps a groups image. Don't we have a common goal? to do the best job that we can do? how can we do it with stuff like this going on? Leave personal issues out of drum corps, where they belong.

also, thanks Paul for pointing that out to me(you reminded me to edit it) Good luck to you guys too this year!!!!(can't wait to see/hear it)

Edited by iloveto8va

wow...I try to compliment the Sabers...and this happens, all I was saying was that I heard that the Sabers had an amazing weekend(the best so far, that I've heard) and I was excited for them, and very sorry about not being there( trust me had I been able to I would have, don't comment unless you know all the facts, there are 2 people(in the Sabers) besides Steph and I that know what happened) Personal attacks are uncalled for. I could go off on a few different things regarding various people in the Sabers, but, I don't, I have class.

It really looks great when you go after members of your own corps. great PR move, great family atmosphere etc...it really helps a groups image. Don't we have a common goal? to do the best job that we can do? how can we do it with stuff like this going on? Leave personal issues out of drum corps, where they belong.

also, thanks Paul for pointing that out to me(you reminded me to edit it) Good luck to you guys too this year!!!!(can't wait to see/hear it)

Karma is finally happening!

I spoke to some members this weekend about what it takes to truly succeed in this activity. A deep and sincere dedication to the corps....sacrifice.....100% effort (75 or 80% won't cut it), patience, teamwork, pride. I could go on, and on.

The part I really enjoyed was that I could see in their expressions, that they truly want to do their very best. And as long as every single member of the corps always puts forth 100%...well, we will be as good as we possibly can be. No one can ask for more than that.

If our best wins us a Class A Championship...GREAT! If our best gives us a second or third place...that too, is great.

Remember folks, in drum corps, the journey is always more important than the destination!

We are gonna have a ton of fun this summer! And a lot of people will be entertained!

Best Wishes and Good Luck to the 2006 Sabers!

P.S.- "Smile and wave, boys." :P

Dan...there is always the Blousemen. They don't even have to practice they are so good. :rock:

Donny