Will RCR catch Renegades?

River City Regiment vs. Renegades  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think River City Regiment will outscore Renegades at some point this season?

• Yes
    • No

The party was a blast. It was so much fun walking around meeting people from RCR and Renegades. Those of us from SoCal Dream that were able to attend had a great time. Thanks Greg for hosting a fun night. I look forward to it again next year.

I also thought the shows this year were much more enjoyable. The temps weren't quite the surface of the sun like last year, but there was plenty of heat coming off the field from the performers. With how our perfomances went, I feel like our season just took a big leap forward and our season has now begun. Our goal has always been to work towards Rochester and using the local shows as a "warm-up". We are well on our way to DCA champs now. Renegades were their usual class act, and RCR did a great job also. I cant even imagine having the season ending in July, but I understand the decision by RCR staff to not go to NY. We did that last year.

So Congrats to RCR for a great season, and have fun at your last show. Represent the West Coast DCA corps well. I know you will.

To the Renegades. The west coast fun is over and it has been a great ride. Time to look towards that far away coast and get charged up for that. I look forward to seeing you in Rochester.

To SoCal Dream. What an improvement this past weekend. Lets keep it up and ride this all the way to DCA.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad everyone enjoyed the party at my house on Saturday night. It was a good one... probably around 200 people! Woo hoo!

Highlights:

- Renegades/RCRers/Dreamers watching videos of each other together (cheers all around)

- Dreamers/RCRers excitedly watching DCA Class A Champs from previous years.

- The explanation to newbies while watching DCA for the first time... "Those are called kick pleats."

- Or, "This year it's on a football field."

- Strawberries and hot chocolate.

- Great DJ (and an excellent Frank Sinatra imitator)

- "I had minor wrist surgery. It looks worse than it is.".... over and over and over...

- Our dog Mambo didn't explode from all the food he was fed.

- That inflatable "toy" which kept reappearing.

- A small mountain of empties in the morning (sent to recycling, of course)

- Lots and lots of new friends!

Looking forward to next year!

See you in the drum corps lounge,

- Geg

Exactly Dan; but I think the East Coast Corps and fans have a good impression of what is to come. The fans and corps that were in attendance saw and heard some great stuff over the weekend. Dream keeps getting better each time I see them. Renegades have one of the strongest mellophone lines I have ever heard. Renegades and Dreams show's are growing on me. I didn't like either show much early on. I am eagerly awaiting DCA finals week to see how far the home teams go this year. New Poll.... Will dream beat RCR scores this year at Rochester? Go get 'em!

Edited by suitebari

Grrrrr, I miss those parties.

There are many reasons as to why "drum corps is evil". Just take a season off and you'll experience reason #7

I'm still pouting out here on the East Coast because I missed the party.

Oh well, see youse guys weekend after next!!!!

^0^ ^0^ ^0^