Favorite Battery Arrangers

I'm not exactly a percussion guy, and call me a homer if you wish, but I have to say Nick Angelis (new Colts percussion head) has written some aggressive work this year, particularly in the final few minutes of the show. Much moreso than Colts have attempted in recent years, IMO. Anyone heard the Colts APD and can make comment on it?

Edited by dciguy01

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I listen to old school drum corps (which isn't too often), I think of Fred Sanford and Dennis DeLucia. Modern arrangers that I have liked have worked with The Cadets and Crossmen.

I know that Jim Campbell used to be the Percussion Caption Head of the Cavaliers. Did he write the arrangements, too? I really liked the arrangements of the 1992 Cavaliers battery (especially during Arnold's Cornish and English Dances). They complimented the brass arrangement well. Anyway, I forget.

And who arranged for Star of Indiana all those years?

Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet:

Paul Rennick.

Hannum. Period.

Hardimon (BTW, I work in a local-and nationwide! and World Wide Web!- Kansas City drum shop, and the sticks that say Hardimon outsell everything else combined. Ralph and Vic are surely doing something right!)

Chris Thompson (Madison '84-'91) is underestimated as an amazingly musical arranger. Ahead of his time!

Casella for being consistantly out of the box.

Listen to Hannum (87 Cadets, 93 Star)

Listen to Hardimon (SCV 81-90...any year)

Mike in OH

Ah yes, '93 Star. That was some good stuff.

I'm a bit of a young'n, so I haven't listened to much from the 80's. I will definitely find some Hardimon era 81-90, heck I played with his sticks for three years I guess I should.

Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet:

Paul Rennick.

I was going to put him down because his drumlines are always top-rate stuff, but he simply isn't one of my favorites, I couldn't tell you why. I just can't get into it that much.

I'm not exactly a percussion guy, and call me a homer if you wish, but I have to say Nick Angelis (new Colts percussion head) has written some aggressive work this year, particularly in the final few minutes of the show. Much moreso than Colts have attempted in recent years, IMO. Anyone heard the Colts APD and can make comment on it?

Yeah I definitely agree about Angelis... I really like what he's doing this year for them. Much more aggresive book. ^OO^

Casella

Hardimon

Float - His work and writing speak for themselves, just TOO GOOD!! :blink::worthy:

Gussack

Hannum

Aungst

Thurston - He had some majorily tastey Rockin books

Edited by Zeke