Here's the order they should have come in tonite:

Phantom Regiment

Boston Crusaders

Cadets

C. Crown

Crossmen

Southwind

Magic

GE Scores alone should have put Crossmen in the 70s at least. People were jumping out of their seats after EVERY SONG. They almost got a standing 'O" after their ballad.

Phantom is definitely better than Cadets and Boston's Hornline beats Cadets anyday (guess they're tired from carrying all those tables on the field and need a break or something).

Most of the time Cadets hornline stands still and doesn't even play. Their drumline is basically marching the whole show for them. I guess you can't tic people who are standing still. And that Rabbit Dude is totally stupid. And don't even ask me what I think about the chick in the red outfit (she should definitely cover herself up). Way too much crap on the field. The only time the audience clapped during their show was the sabre toss off the tables and the stick toss by the snares. The rest is all junk.

I hope Blue Coats win DCI this year!

Wow, pretty much in agreement with you. I too dont get why the "red queen" looks like a street walker with too much jiggling going on.....LOL

BAC isnt over Cadets becasue A) They are the Cadets, and B ) Demand in their arrangements and speed of their visual program, oh and C) They are the Cadets

~G~

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, pretty much in agreement with you. I too dont get why the "red queen" looks like a street walker with too much jiggling going on.....LOL

BAC isnt over Cadets becasue A) They are the Cadets, and B ) Demand in their arrangements and speed of their visual program, oh and C) They are the Cadets

~G~

I guess it ain't over "Till the Fat Lady Sings"

I guess it ain't over "Till the Fat Lady Sings"

<**>

This topic reminds me of the true beauty of being a die-hard Cadets fan. I can appreciate other shows and usually even recognize when other corps should win but in years such as this when there is so much criticism of the Cadets show I can sit back, relax and still love em' to death. Ahhh, sweet comfort.

Enjoy your rants.

The space / gap between Crossmen and Crown/Boston was actually too little in my opinion. Crossmen, in years past, could rely on percussion or brass. This is not the case this year. The drumline should really not be featured anywhere in the show and this became evident in the writing and performances of the other groups. From the moment they (crossmen drumline) warmed up on the field until they walked off of the field they looked and sounded almost as good as a line in TOB or a middle of the group USSBA line.

The Brass line needs much cleaning and much rewriting. It should be done in a timley fashion so the percussion parts could be fixed. It sounds like an inexperienced staff at the helm. They really were too close to Carolina and Boston.

Two different worlds were in Allentown - planet A = Cadets, Phantom, Boston and Carolina. IN another galaxy on planet B = everyone else that evening. It was obvious to those who knew.

Reality will begin to take place as the season progresses. If this group wants to do the right thing and get back into the top 12, a great deal of fixing OR staff adjustments will need to be done ASAP. It was painful to watch and listen to the line. I may be off base here and 25 years of teaching and writing maybe out of the window, however, I kept my opinion to myself when I was leaving the stadium and I heard many others stating the exact same concerns.

Why was the Crossmen hornline playing their ballad from side 2 of the field and yet the hornline sound came from the SPEAKER on side 1? I hope they are not amplifying their hornline and that was the result of the microphone on the front marimba on side 2 (which was aimed at the field / hornset) pointed in the wrong direction. I am assuming that was a mistake -

I hope they clean, fix and rehire then rewrite to make finals. The kids deserve the best.

Goodluck to all -

Are you sure you were watching the 2006 show ?

WOW.

WOW.

Yes - as were the other DCI judges sitting around me. It was hard not hear what they had to say as well. Luckily they were not judging that evening. It could have been worst.

WOW.

Can you honestly say you did not hear the horns amplified? HOnestly?

Here's the order they should have come in tonite:

Phantom Regiment

Boston Crusaders

Cadets

C. Crown

Crossmen

Southwind

Magic

GE Scores alone should have put Crossmen in the 70s at least. People were jumping out of their seats after EVERY SONG. They almost got a standing 'O" after their ballad.

Phantom is definitely better than Cadets and Boston's Hornline beats Cadets anyday (guess they're tired from carrying all those tables on the field and need a break or something).

Most of the time Cadets hornline stands still and doesn't even play. Their drumline is basically marching the whole show for them. I guess you can't tic people who are standing still. And that Rabbit Dude is totally stupid. And don't even ask me what I think about the chick in the red outfit (she should definitely cover herself up). Way too much crap on the field. The only time the audience clapped during their show was the sabre toss off the tables and the stick toss by the snares. The rest is all junk.

I hope Blue Coats win DCI this year!

That's right.

Boston Ownz.

Well for all the boston fans out there, i would say to live it up now. because looking at the recaps the past couple of shows seems that the profiling for them and crown looks bleak for boston, especially all visual and ge captions.

there is very little space between the top and bottom box and in some captions, the numbers are dead even. That is a scary sight to see for any drum corps on july 1st, comparatively phantom and especially crown, has quite large differences between the boxes, which is really good profiling to see early season, and means your program has lots of room to grow. for example and comparison......

boston crown

ge vis 7.8 7.7 7.9 7.3

ge mus 7.6 7.4 7.9 7.7

vis perf 7.7 7.4 7.6 7.0

ens vis 7.8 7.8 8.1 7.7

color gd 7.6 7.3 7.9 7.7