• Blue Devils
    • Cadets
    • Cavaliers

What no one liked my thread about this?

Cavies by like 432,000 Mexican Pesos or 1.7 points over the

Cadets followed by

the Blue Devils with a severe case of

Bluecoats hemmoroids.

I think the difference between 1st and 4th is going to be smaller than you think the difference between 1st and 2nd will be

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. while we can't compare direct scores between shows... we can (somewhat) compare spreads between corps in same shows. Such as follows:

July 5 - South Milwaukee WI

Cavaliers: 84.45

Blue Stars: 71.95

Difference: 12.50

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 7 - Dubuque IA

Blue Devils: 85.50

Blue Stars: 73.55

Difference = 11.95

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.. if we take into consideration that the BS jumped 1.6 points in 2 days... assuming that they score in the range of 73.50 to 74.50.. we should see the Cavaliers bust a score of between 86.0 and 88.5, while BD should be busting a score of between 85.45 and 87.00.

Meaning.. Cavaliers "should" squeak out a win of NO MORE than a point difference.... but then again.. in the world of DCI.. NOTHING ever goes as it "should."

Unfortunately the Cadets have not played a corps that BD has.. so I can do no comparison for those two.. but both the Cavaliers and Cadets have played Capital Regiment and the Bluecoats.

June 27 - Evansville, IN

Cadets: 79.05

Capital Regiment: 66.5

Difference = 12.55

Cadets: 79.05

Bluecoats: 78.80

Difference = 0.25

July 7 - Alton, IL

Cavaliers: 85.75

Capital Regiment: 70.65

Difference = 15.10

July 1 - Michigan City, IN

Cavaliers: 82.70

Bluecoats: 80.30

Difference = 2.40

So assuming the Bluecoats score in the range of 82-84, we should see a score of about 82-84.5 by the Cadets and a score of about 86-88 by the Cavaliers (which falls in line with the Blue Devils scores above).

Also, assuming Capital Regiment scores in the range of 70.5-72.0, then the Cadets should be around 82-85 and the Cavaliers should be around 85.5-88 (which, once again, falls in line with all of the scores above.)

So I think it's safe to say (in theory) that we should see a posted score as follows:

Cavaliers - (85.5-88.5)

Blue Devils - (85.0-87.0)

Cadets - (82.0-85.5)

Bluecoats - (82.0-85.5)

My prediction:

01 - 86.85 - Cavaliers

02 - 86.00 - Blue Devils

03 - 85.40 - Cadets

04 - 85.35 - Bluecoats

Cavies don't have much success at Indy. You gotta go back to 2002 to find them with a 1st place win. 2003, BD knocked them off, 2004 BD again on top, and 2005 Cadets beat them for the first time. So I'm going out on a limb and say this year Cavies will win Indy. But finals is still up for grabs. I think we got a two horse race for 1st BD and Cavies. Three horse race for 3rd, Cadets, Bluecoats and PR, then a globgolley for 6th on back. Interesting to read everyone's postings ... we all have our favorates don't we.

Enjoy the show everyone!

Well for one thing, this is the earliest that the Indy has been held, so that's going to change the meaning of things a little bit. But while they haven't necessarily won at Indy, Competing at Indy has meant great things for the Cavaliers most of the time. In 2003, yeah, BD caught them for the first time and never looked back. In 2005, the Cadets caught them at Indy and never looked back, too.

However, look at the other years. In 2000, Cavaliers lose to Blue Devils by .10, closing the gap from the only previous meeting that year. The Cavaliers would go on to win a share of the title, and never lose to BD again that season. In 2001, Cavaliers eked out a win in Indianapolis, and again went on to win the title. 2002, of course, was another win in Indy, and another title. In 2004, the Blue Devils won at Indy, but like in 2000 it was by only .10, and it would be the last time all year that the Blue Devils beat the Cavaliers.

So while the Cavaliers may only have two wins at Indy since 2000, the event has also been what I call the "writing on the wall" show. Generally, after that show, you can see how things are going to shake out, and in 2000 and 2004, the results were more encouraging for the corps in second place, rather than the corps in first.

Of course, Indy is much earlier in the season this year. It would seem the Atlanta show would be the "writing on the wall" show for this year, coming two weeks before finals.

After tonights scores (even though a different playing field) things are still a complete toss up. I really hope the judges come to their senses and see that Cadets show isn't worthy of the title (Even though the kids are putting OUTSTANDING effort into the show).

Not worthy of a title? Have you seen this show.

In my mind it has all of the elements of a world champion - demanding written music, guard and visual books and a performance level from the members that is going to be hard to beat.

With Cavies, BD and Cadets - things are going to be interesting this season.

Until last night I would say BD's. But its gonna be close between them and Cavies tonight...should be interesting! B)

At this point in the season, I don't think the Cadets will win. Come championship time I think it will be a whole lot closer. As was said, The Cadets show needs to be cleaned, then I can see it even winning the championship.

I'm really surprised on how so many people have counted the Cadets out for tonight.

Why? Considering the scores we've seen posted.. it makes sense that Cadets will come in either 3rd or 4th tonight. That's not a slap to them in ANY WAY.. it just means that the way the scores have been falling puts them in that place... Yes if BD and Cavs have a night that doesn't compare to the Cadets then sure they'll take it... but an "educated guess" would say Cadets/Coats vie for the bronze tonight.

Granted.. this could all change by San Antonio... and again in Murfreesboro... and yet again in Madison. It ain't over til Rondinaro says it's over.