Oh so close Cavies

In my opinion the Blue Devils did not deserve to win last evening. From a design standpoint the Cavaliers and Cadets are on a different level than Blue Devils. The Blue Devils really need to explore the dynamic ranges; they have two dynamic levels, loud and louder. At times they sound harsh and overbearing. I like loud, in your face Drum Corps to some extent, but that's all they do, it almost became annoying by the end of their show. Blue Devils have a very forgettable show this year and unless Cadets can dig deep, the Cavaliers should get another ring this summer.

Perhaps BD should add a couple of picnic tables b**bs

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavies, in my mind, were superior last night. Watched the live stream, watching clips... Cavies were just better. I contribute the fact that they didn't beat BD to there horrible slot. Because, otherwise, I can't figure anything out.

~>conner

IAG! It's All Good!

Just imagine it's 04... but earlier in the season. :) BD takes a slight lead over the Cavs... and then again in Murfreesboro... but then the Cavs take it quarters night and never look back.

Sorry.. I honestly see this as a slight 04 repeat.. with

1-Cavs

2-BD

3-Coats (WOAH!)

4-Cadets

5-Phantom

6-Crown

7-Madison

8-Santa Clara V.

9-Boston

10-whoever*

11-whoever*

12-whoever*

* too many options to choose right now what with BK, GMEN, XMEN, Colts, Blue Stars, etc.

Cavies, in my mind, were superior last night. Watched the live stream, watching clips... Cavies were just better. I contribute the fact that they didn't beat BD to there horrible slot. Because, otherwise, I can't figure anything out.

~>conner

Whew...thank God Judges base their scores on being there and not through a computer monitor.

~G~

Whew...thank God Judges base their scores on being there and not through a computer monitor.

~G~

I know... God forbid someone states an opinion.

~>conner

I was suprised how little the Blue Devils moved last night. It seemed that anytime there was a melody to be played, either by the full corps or a section, it was done at a standstill. They have gone from cut and paste music to cut and paste drill.

Still, I guess this would have to go in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" section since it seems to be working for them. A very enjoyable show from them, just don't think it will stay ahead of the Cavaliers by the end of the season.

In my opinion the Blue Devils did not deserve to win last evening. From a design standpoint the Cavaliers and Cadets are on a different level than Blue Devils. The Blue Devils really need to explore the dynamic ranges; they have two dynamic levels, loud and louder. At times they sound harsh and overbearing. I like loud, in your face Drum Corps to some extent, but that's all they do, it almost became annoying by the end of their show. Blue Devils have a very forgettable show this year and unless Cadets can dig deep, the Cavaliers should get another ring this summer.

Right, because the percussion introduciton, and all of those intricate runs toward the end of the opener, and the beginning of the ballad, and the majority of the closer are SO LOUD.

<**>

~>conner

Conner, how can you get past the fact that the Cavies ending is just...flat? It's a GREAT show, don't get me wrong, but the entire closer is just...ehhh... I mean look at all of the great corps this year, and look at their endings. Blue Devils, ending with some glorious chords. Phantom, ending with some glorious chords. Bluecoats, Santa Clara Vanguard, Madison Scouts, ending with, again, glorious chords. And then Cavies, ending with a few hits. You're just like, "That's it?" It makes the show seem a lot less "big" than it could be...and that's never a good thing.