Cadets Characters?

When I started this post, it had NOTHING to do with her "size." The costume and the thing on her noggin is totally hideous. I'm sure she's an awesome performer, but the costume...gosh...I don't even know what to say about it.

yep, it's about the outfit. I just felt embarassed for the poor young woman who plays that character. the princess hat combined with the rocky horror picture s&m outfit is just plain silly.

eric

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know George, I'm with you. I'm really getting tired of the insults that have been hurled at every part of the Cadets organization. It certainly is the right of any individual to not like the Cadets show, but the flat out cheap shots taken at this corps on a daily basis are disgusting. The funny thing is the Cadets have one of the most talented corps performing one of the most entertaining shows on the field. There are some real mean-spirited folks on this forum these days and the line between this place and RAMD is becoming more narrow by the day.

sadly I agree. Letting these topics go on and on is really going to ruin the reputation of DCP - in the old days we would have combined the "bash corps X" topics at the very least. "Non-constructive" topics (such as this one) would have simply been locked. I got some grief - but it worked. There is not need served for 10-20 topics over the past two weeks with the same basic purpose of bashing Cadets. None.

sadly I agree. Letting these topics go on and on is really going to ruin the reputation of DCP - in the old days we would have combined the "bash corps X" topics at the very least. "Non-constructive" topics (such as this one) would have simply been locked. I got some grief - but it worked. There is not need served for 10-20 topics over the past two weeks with the same basic purpose of bashing Cadets. None.

Hit the report button.

From reading your posts, I bet that if the exact same girl wore the exact same outfit, but was a member of pretty much +ANY+ other corps, you probably wouldn't have a problem with it ... just my theory.

Are you kidding me? This has nothing to do with the Cadets. No one has biases against corps, only shows. I can guarantee you that if Phantom Regiment or Blue Devils featured this same character, the outrage would be exactly the same.

Edited by Hrothgar15

From reading your posts, I bet that if the exact same girl wore the exact same outfit, but was a member of pretty much +ANY+ other corps, you probably wouldn't have a problem with it ... just my theory.

I think she looks fine, and she is a good performer. And I like the Cadets show (tho I'd like it better with no vocals).

REally ?? Care to cite some examples of evidence leading you to draw that conclusion ?? Sorry, couldnt be further from the truth. Bad taste, taudry costuming, and unimiaginitve ideas would be called out by me no matter what corps used them. I guess you didnt get my opinions on the Blue Devils last year huh ??

Same goes for Tex, and George who "borged" a response to your post.

~G~

Are you kidding me? This has nothing to do with the Cadets. No one has biases against corps, only shows. I can guarantee you that if Phantom Regiment or Blue Devils featured this same character, the outrage would be exactly the same.

Thank you !

~G~

I didn't like the Blue Devils' show last year...BD and Cadets both