Attention: People mad about bashing of the Cadets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

attention - people who want to bash the cadets

there are already 25,000 topics open on DCP dedicated to bashing the cadets

please utilize one the existing topics already dedicated to this purpose instead of opening new ones

(such as this one)

Actually this thread is about people being allowed to post wha they want as long as it fits the Community Guidelines.

My name is Tony Flores, and I was a Cadet basher...

Ok, my days of bashing The Cadets are over...and those of you that just like to bash the cadets for some underlying hatred of the staff or BOD then you have your right to.

I made a promise to my self when I quit marching and that was to in not way, boo or show dis-resepct to any corps out there, no matter what they did. look at each show as I could imagine what the staff was envisoning when they came up with the show.

Heck, I am no designer, I am just a fan...a fan that likes to be entertained...and if it takes doing some thing new to shake things up than so be it as long as they entertain me.

So, as much as I am a Phantom Phan, I say go Cadets, Cavies, Madison, whoever...as long as they keep entertaining me.

attention - people who want to bash the cadets

there are already 25,000 topics open on DCP dedicated to bashing the cadets

please utilize one the existing topics already dedicated to this purpose instead of opening new ones

(such as this one)

good thing for the BD bashers.. there are 500,000 topics on that! haha

or you can hit the report button, and someone will see this who can actually do something about it

why would they? this is all perfectly fine apparently

we aren't classifying these sorts of threads as "flaming" or "trolling" for reaction type threads anymore - and they took the other guidelines this sort of thing used to be covered on out of the terms of use

I agree, but we also need to keep this in mind:

It's not always about a corps not living up to its potential. Sometimes we just don't like a show because it's not our cup of tea, or because the design team has gone off in a new and different direction, a direction we may not be used to or particulalry like. Take narration/singing. So far, I don't like it. Not that I am 100% opposed to it. It's just that so far, there hasn't been a corps do it really well (in my opinion). So far, to my ears, it's sounded cheesy and distracting. Maybe in a few years, it will have gotten better. Who knows?

Remember, DCI is still a youth performing arts activity. These are not professionals getting paid to do this. Sometimes we sound like we're talking about a paid, professional athlete or team. "Hey, they're making all this money, I'm spending all this money to go see 'em, and now that aren't living up to their potential. I'm not entertained. Tey are soo much better than this!" For the most part, these are kids!! Yes, many members are music or dance majors, but not all of them. But they are ALL talented individuals, and talented groups.

DCI is a learning experience for everyone involved. It's about learning to play your instrument better, or toss a flag better. It's about performing. Teamwork. Overcoming obstacles. Reaching certain goals. Friendship, family. Growing as a performer and as a person. Entertaining a crowd. Learning to work hard, harder then you ever have before. And, it's about having fun. Yes, fun.

So if a show is not to our liking, sometimes it's just because we don't like it. That's it. Nothing to do with the members, with the staff, with the design, with the arrangements, with the corps leadership or management. It just doesn't connect with us. Hey, it happens. Sometimes we don't like the drill, or the music, or both. Sometimes a corps is having a bad year or two: really young members, or a show that is too challenging, a brand new staff, a new approach that everyone is getting used to.

Edited by yellowbusredux

...but DCP is nothing like RAMD don't ya know....

That distinction is becoming more fuzzy with each passing day.

hmmm...cadets have pushed this activity like no other corps...i guess its a good reason to bash them...Star of Indiana was totally brilliant...they were bashed.

if you have those that love you and equally, if not more, that hate you, consider yourself a success.

bash this!

I agree, but we also need to keep this in mind:

It's not always about a corps not living up to its potential. Sometimes we just don't like a show because it's not our cup of tea, or because the design team has gone off in a new and different direction, a direction we may not be used to or particulalry like. Take narration/singing. So far, I don't like it. Not that I am 100% opposed to it. It's just that so far, there hasn't been a corps do it really well (in my opinion). So far, to my ears, it's sounded cheesy and distracting. Maybe in a few years, it will have gotten better. Who knows?

Remember, DCI is still a youth performing arts activity. These are not professionals getting paid to do this. Sometimes we sound like we're talking about a paid, professional athlete or team. "Hey, they're making all this money, I'm spending all this money to go see 'em, and now that aren't living up to their potential. I'm not entertained. Tey are soo much better than this!" For the most part, these are kids!! Yes, many members are music or dance majors, but not all of them. But they are ALL talented individuals, and talented groups.

DCI is a learning experience for everyone involved. It's about learning to play your instrument better, or toss a flag better. It's about performing. Teamwork. Overcoming obstacles. Reaching certain goals. Friendship, family. Growing as a performer and as a person. Entertaining a crowd. Learning to work hard, harder then you ever have before. And, it's about having fun. Yes, fun.

So if a show is not to our liking, sometimes it's just because we don't like it. That's it. Nothing to do with the members, with the staff, with the design, with the arrangements, with the corps leadership or management. It just doesn't connect with us. Hey, it happens. Sometimes we don't like the drill, or the music, or both. Sometimes a corps is having a bad year or two: really young members, or a show that is too challenging, a brand new staff, a new approach that everyone is getting used to.

Biggest. Excuse. Ever.

In the '90s, "entertaining" was a complete understatement when it came to DCI. We are concerned for the future of the activity. The audience is an integral part to DCI; without them, there would be no corps. Besides, all of what the kids get out of drum corps is magnified ten-fold when they perform entertaining, crowd-loved shows.

why would they? this is all perfectly fine apparently

we aren't classifying these sorts of threads as "flaming" or "trolling" for reaction type threads anymore - and they took the other guidelines this sort of thing used to be covered on out of the terms of use

Did you hit the report button?

Did anyone?

Try it and see.

Difference of opinion doesn't equal RAMD-like, sorry, folks.