Cadets changes

I just find it funny that you can find Cavaliers fans who like Blue Devils shows... Blue Devils fans who like Bluecoats shows.... Bluecoats fans who like Phantom shows... Phantom fans who like Santa Clara shows... and Santa Clara fans who like Crown shows.

But you hardly ever.. if even never... find any fans, other than the cadets fans, that like these new-age cadets' shows.

Also you hardly ever.. if even never... find cadets fans that like any other show as much as their own.

INTERESTING! I hope I enjoy their show this year at SA.. I REALLY DO!

I just find it funny.. all of this bashing going on.. :)

Hmmm....last year I liked the Cadets and Regiment pretty much even-steven.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they didn't change the closer too much...that was about the only part of the show i really liked when I saw it...o well...I'm sure its for the best

I just find it funny that you can find Cavaliers fans who like Blue Devils shows... Blue Devils fans who like Bluecoats shows.... Bluecoats fans who like Phantom shows... Phantom fans who like Santa Clara shows... and Santa Clara fans who like Crown shows.

But you hardly ever.. if even never... find any fans, other than the cadets fans, that like these new-age cadets' shows.

Also you hardly ever.. if even never... find cadets fans that like any other show as much as their own.

Cadets aren't my favorite corps... I love the "Zone" shows. I loved 02 when they pandered. I hated 04.

Did I mention I love BD, Cavies, Crown, SCV (minus that travesty last year), Madison, Phantom, et al.

I think the post is a broad generalization that is hardly accurate.

On topic....I think these changes will be great. I can't wait to see the final product.

Cadets aren't my favorite corps... I love the "Zone" shows. I loved 02 when they pandered. I hated 04.

Did I mention I love BD, Cavies, Crown, SCV (minus that travesty last year), Madison, Phantom, et al.

I think the post is a broad generalization that is hardly accurate.

On topic....I think these changes will be great. I can't wait to see the final product.

Agreed with everything, except Cadets being my favorite corps. Huge generalization that goes both ways. "I bleed green". That's fine and all, but go read the Cavaliers forums and come back here and tell me that Cadets fans are the only ones who find their own corps' shows the cream of the crop. By the way, in 04, I enjoyed the SCV, BD, and Cavies show so much more than Cadets. I thought the top 3 were awesome that year. Cavaliers 04 is my favorite Cavies show, same thing with BD. SCV is up there too. Each show I could watch over and over again.

I actually really prefered the 2004 Cadets show to either of the zone shows. However, I do admit that the 2005 show was a much better overall product and that the 2004 show wasn't quite up to winning a championship. But I still preferred 2004 to 2005.

This is an absurd and ignorant statement.

I liked the Cadets 2004 show better than the Cadets 2005 show because in the 2004 show, there were no amplified vocals.

Funny thing is though, I'm going to get a bunch of people describing how this opinion is not valid.

I'm waiting.

I liked the Cadets 2004 show better than the Cadets 2005 show because in the 2004 show, there were no amplified vocals.

Funny thing is though, I'm going to get a bunch of people describing how this opinion is not valid.

I'm waiting.

This is an absurd and ignorant statement...jk. :P

Yet again, those that criticize the Cadets' show are considered "Venemous", etc... <**>

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Cadets went back to the way they used to do things (minus amped vocals and non-sensical "Zone" shows). What's wrong with tradition or favorites? With the mentality that you suggested, there would be no "oldies" stations.

I hope they got rid of all the amped vocals, but I know I'm just kidding myself by hoping that, because I think that George Hopkins has the kind of attitude you spoke of: "Whatever they criticize, intensify it." WHY would you do this, except to be a jerk, or gain enemies? WHY wouldn't you try to be liked by everyone? WHAT would that hurt? (And don't give me that crap about innovation...please...)

Not a troll, just a concerned fan that happens to not like last year's show and what he's seen of this year's show (there's still hope).

I don't think anyone is accusing every person who does not like the show to be venemous, but some are. Just spend a few minutes reading half the threads on the forum that somehow turn into "Why Cadets suck" and you'll see the venom in some.