Cadets Guard Clip from the Ballad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched it again. And no George, I don't see any babies being thrown out on the field. At least not yet...

is this necessary? That would be a no. I never said "babies were being thrown out on the field" - and I suggest you go read Rich's post on proper posting style.

To me, this could have been a jaw dropping moment, sans human vocals through a microphone. Seeing it live three times, the vocals do start to stand out and become annoying. They arent blended as well as could be, but maybe they have that fixed by now. Much more head shaking than jaw dropping when I saw them. Oh well, to each their own.

~G~

To me, this could have been a jaw dropping moment, sans human vocals through a microphone. Seeing it live three times, the vocals do start to stand out and become annoying. They arent blended as well as could be, but maybe they have that fixed by now. Much more head shaking than jaw dropping when I saw them. Oh well, to each their own.

~G~

interesting BUT OFF TOPIC!! :worthy:

now - do you have an opinion on the guard staging during the ballad - the group work progressing left to right on the platforms and the pairs of sabre / dancers?

That's what this thread is about - GUARD.

~G~

Yeah, when I saw them at Powder Springs the guy in front of me was basically shaking his head throughout the entire show.

Yeah, when I saw them at Powder Springs the guy in front of me was basically shaking his head throughout the entire show.

The guy next to me in Indianapolis was smiling the entire show out of amazement and appreciation. He gave them a standing ovation and couln't stop talking about The Cadets and how cool they were to his friends for the rest of the evening.

interesting BUT OFF TOPIC!! :worthy:

now - do you have an opinion on the guard staging during the ballad - the group work progressing left to right on the platforms and the pairs of sabre / dancers?

That's what this thread is about - GUARD.

That IS the point....see how much the vocals (whether brilliant or bas###dized) distracts from the performance? I have to believe that Cadet designers' insistence on sticking with this controversial element may cost them a championship. And that would be a shame for the performers....IMHO.