"The YEAtrix: Amplifications"

It is the future.

Drum corps as we know it no longer exists.

In it's place is a vast computer program which artificially creates the sights and sounds of what we had once known as drum corps.

There are no more instruments.....no more color guard equipment....no more fans or souveniers.

There are only electronic impulses in our minds telling us what to see and hear.

The system is run by a handful of computer generated figures known as "Agents".

These agents make all the decisions for us and run the program as they feel is best.

This program is known as.....

The YEAtrix.

But now, a hero is about to arise from the ashes. A young one that can fight the agents and perhaps restore drum corps to it's former state.

He is, "The One"......and the agents are not happy.......

<scene cuts to an office in Lehigh Valley, PA. where two agents have a conversation>

Agent Dan: She got out.

Agent Hop: Doesn't matter.

Agent Dan: The informant is real.

Agent Hop: Yes.

Agent Dan: We have the name of their next target.

Agent Hop: The name is Lee-o.

Agent Dan: We'll need a search running.

Agent Hop: It has already begun.

<scene cuts to the Northern California apartment of our hero. He has just recieved an envelope containing a cell phone which begins to ring as he picks it up>

Lee-o : Hello?

Georgeus : Hello, Lee-o. Do you know who this is?

Lee-o: Georgeus?

Georgeus : Yes. I've been looking for you, Lee-o. I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately, you and I have run out of time. They're coming for you, Lee-o, and they're bringing amplifiers..

Lee-o: Who's coming for me?

Georgeus : Stand up and see for yourself.

Lee-o: What, right now?

Georgeus : Yes, now.

<Lee-o rises to see his front door kicked in by several men dressed in black. They surround him, render him unconcious and whisk him away to the Lehigh Valley compound. There, he is interogated by an agent>

Agent Hop: It seems that you've been living two lives. One life, you're Lee Rudnicki, entertainment lawyer. You have a social security number, pay your taxes, and you... help your landlady carry out her garbage. The other life is lived in computers, where you go by the hacker alias "Lee-o" and are guilty of virtually every computer crime we have a law for. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not.

Did you know that the first YEAtrix was designed to be a perfect drum corps world? Where none suffered, where everyone would be happy playing trombones and clarinets? It was a disaster. No one would accept the program. Entire corps were lost. Some believed we lacked the designing language to describe your perfect drum corps world. But I believe that, as a species, musicians define their reality through suffering and misery. The perfect drum corps world was a dream that your primitive cerebrum kept trying to wake up from. Which is why the YEAtrix was redesigned to this......the peak of amplification and electronics.

We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known terrorist to justice.

Lee-o: Yeah. Well, that sounds like a pretty good deal. But I think I may have a better one. How about, I give you the finger...

[He does.] ...and you give me my phone call

Agent Hop: Tell me, Mr. Rudnicki, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

<points gun at Lee-o's head as a lone saxaphone wails in another room>

Agent Hop: Do you hear that, Mr. Rudnicki? That is the sound of inevitibility. That is the sound of amplifiers. Goodbye, Mr. Rudnicki.

Lee-oo: My name.......is Lee-o!

<Lee-o kicks out and knocks the gun from Agent Hop's hand. With no where else to go, he turns and leaps out a plate glass window. Just before crashing into the ground below, his body disappears in a flash.>

<Lee-o awakens and finds himself on a ship surrounded by friendly faces. He is bewildered and seeks answers.>

Lee-o: What's happening to me?

Georgeus: You are the One, Lee-o. You see, you may have spent the last few seasons looking for me, but I have spent my entire drum corps career looking for you.

Lee-o: But....I don't understand.....

Georgeus: What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the drum corps. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like feedback in your mind, driving you mad. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth. I'm trying to free your mind, Lee-o. But I can only show you the field. You're the one that has to walk onto it. Free your mind, Lee-o.

(Georgeus plays the snare hook from Black Market Juggler while crab-stepping at 400 bpm)

Lee-o: Whoa!

Georgeus: You have to let it all go, Lee-o. Fear, doubt, and disbelief. Free your mind. It is time to begin your training.

To be continued ………

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:worthy:

ah yes, the annual summer running! Gotta love this tradition :D

Im waiting for more, only seen one part of this and always seem to miss the others.

outstanding

pretty cool.

~>conner

Sorry... I'm missing the "Lee-o" reference and the "George-us" reference. Somebody help me?

Other than that...I liked it!

heck thats pretty sweet

creative