OHIO

GO BUCKS! and...

GO Capital, Glassmen and Bluecoats!!!! All 3 make us proud! :rock:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It already is the center of the drum corps universe. B)

:rock:

What, Drew Carey's going to run for governor?

Would be 10 times better then their current one! :P

No, they don't have a nice marching band. <**>

OSU Buckeye marching band! Best Dam Band in the Land!!! :)

Edited by shawn craig

Seeing as thought the 'Coats have half of their corps from Texas... can we honestly say that they are in "Ohio" corps... lol

Just stiring the pot! b**bs

Go Cali!!!

By that reasoning...can we honestly say that Blue Devils are from California, since so many of their members are not from that state?

Ohio... The New California :P

Except for the weather, the culture, the ocean, the mountains, the palm trees . . .

. . . and I've lived in Ohio all my life *sigh* so I know what I'm talking about.

Well, being from Ohio it is nice to see us growing in drum corps and in our competitiveness. But there are things that need fixed too. Overall, the best state for drum corps is California. When you consider the their D1, 2, and 3 corps, and then also consider the number of senior corps, they are clearly the leader right now.

Ohio needs a few more senior corps, and we need our D2 and D3 corps to be more consistent, and we need more of them. Marion/Glory/Cadets/whatever they are going to be, has had a rough road for many years, and we have had a few corps come about out of Cincy only to lose them, or for them to change their names and leadership, etc.

Illinois is a nice state for corps, but it used to be so much better, back when the Guardsmen, Geneseo, and others were active.

If you consider DCA, DCI, and smaller circuits, like Garden State, then Eastern, PA; New Jersey; and New York are great areas for drum corps.

Two finalist corps from OH this year doesn't compare to the the Illinois/Wisconsin power corridor in the late 70s. Six finalist corps, all within one 150 mile circle, two of them regular challengers for the title, another already a 7-time national champ at that time.

As far as the current day drum corps hotbed, it'd appear to be California. They have two finalist Div 1 corps, a few others who are quite good, but more importantly, they have what appears to be a healthy Div 2 and 3 scene.

Edited by mobrien

As far as what percentage of kids are from Ohio that march in the 3 Div I corps, I think it is not bad. But yes, we have kids from all over. So does every other Div I drum corps. And Canton does not have that many Texas kids. It is certainly not half the corps, but we do have a lot.