Do you think popular music has a place in corps?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only imagine Brandt Crocker announcing the repertoire of the "Frank Zappa" show with some of these titles. WOW

I can only imagine Brandt Crocker announcing the repertoire of the "Frank Zappa" show with some of these titles. WOW

In all fairness, the vulgar stuff doesn't really lend itself to what I have in mind here. Not as if "Eat That Question," "The Dog Breath Variations," "Peaches in Regalia," and "Waka/Jawaka" are perfectly normal to announce, either, but still.

I can honestly say i'm a big fan, but if someone were to do a Radiohead show, I'd want creative control on the songs used, and which corps does it.

Although the Blue Devils trumpets would handle Thom Yorke's falsetto well... What am I saying???

Karma Police, arrest this thread :sshh:

It's funny about corps doing rock works...I absolutely hate the Moody Blues. However, Glassmen 1994 is probably in my Top 12 shows of all time. :beer:

Opposite to me...huge Moody Blues fan...did not care for the Glassmen's take on their music.