DCA considering amps

All I am saying is that IF the rest of the field were using amps and our staff felt that we needed to use the same technology to keep a competitive edge, you can bet your sweet bippy that the Bridgemen would not only have used them, but found a way to push the envelope. However, since the subject of amps was not a raging issue, it would seem quite a waste of time to speculate on what would have happened 25 - 30 years ago on that subject. However, I DO remember the corps changing over to 2 valve bugles and fielding a pit, hot issues of the day, as well as sporting dancing bears, a chicken, a big top, girls dancing on tables, etc. sending many a disgruntled spectator running for the hotdog stand.

As it stands now, I see no reason to debate our staff's decision to use amplification in our pit since this is the same HOF staff that lead us to glory back in the day. And I agree with George, you won't even notice the amps in the pit with all that is going on with the rest of this highly entertaining corps.

I'm not debating anything ...merely stating my opinion on what I think regarding the issue. Now some of the others on here have decided to take that and run with it, but as I've said, touche'. And Good Luck, Jim and company know how I feel about Bridgemen, I love them. Heck I almost marched, but I got pregnant.

I have the music and can play it on my horn and everything..but...since I just had a baby...

Any chance I can bring our Baby Bjorn on the field with my son? :P It is an "all age" corps right? :)

Edited by Lancerlady

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't carry it.... Leave it Home......

Run what you Brung....

Ooops sorry, though this was SCP (Sprint Car Planet) for use Sprint Car racing fans. :P

No wonder there's no dirt in my beer. :rock:

Translation: Sprint cars run on dirt track which kick up a ####load of dust. "If there ain't dirt in your beer it ain't real racing" is heard a good bit. B)

a gentle reminder that when I get old, you'll still be older than me, big brother I never wanted. B)

banned from my cooler you are

banned from my cooler you are

you always have beer anyways :P

Without reading the 29 pages of replys here - I've been watching the amps being used and I keep wondering about how I had heard that the reason why "they" wanted to go to amps was so that the keyboard players would not have to BANG away for thier parts to come out. The banging hasn't stopped, now it's just amplified banging. hmm...

Dan

All I am saying is that IF the rest of the field were using amps and our staff felt that we needed to use the same technology to keep a competitive edge, you can bet your sweet bippy that the Bridgemen would not only have used them, but found a way to push the envelope. However, since the subject of amps was not a raging issue, it would seem quite a waste of time to speculate on what would have happened 25 - 30 years ago on that subject. However, I DO remember the corps changing over to 2 valve bugles and fielding a pit, hot issues of the day, as well as sporting dancing bears, a chicken, a big top, girls dancing on tables, etc. sending many a disgruntled spectator running for the hotdog stand.

As it stands now, I see no reason to debate our staff's decision to use amplification in our pit since this is the same HOF staff that lead us to glory back in the day. And I agree with George, you won't even notice the amps in the pit with all that is going on with the rest of this highly entertaining corps.

I think that this comment also applies to corps like VK and Star... Both of which people have come to revere, and both of which I've heard people say would "never" cave in to using amps.

Unfortunately, some people think that amps=the biggest "innovation" in corps. Also unfortunately, we don't have corps like VK or Bridgemen on the DCI field to do something so irreverent that they might think twice about allowing them. DCI needs the Bridgemen!