Extreme Makeover: The Top 21!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmen___Practical_by_Becorps.jpg

While they're all pretty sweet, I have to say this X-men one... that harkens back to the early 90's look... is my favorite.

I too wish they would go back to that look, Best look they have ever had IMHO.

Crossmen___Practical_by_Becorps.jpg

While they're all pretty sweet, I have to say this X-men one... that harkens back to the early 90's look... is my favorite.

Someone give this kid a job at FJM! :)

The Cadets redesign was a favorite as well.

i agree!!! this is great... i know they will be updating the uniform in the near future, but it seems like they added more red (black sequins changed to red) to the front of the uni this past weekend. it definetly helps lighten it up a bit....

on the pic.. only thing i would change.. i still like the black aussie the way it is.

in all seriousness - i would send this pic into YEA! its great and at the least they could maybe get an idea from it... nice job! :)

Edited by nctarheels05

Those are beautiful! PR and Xmen look awesome! Man, you got some real talent.

Alright... Some more "fantasy" and "Futuristic" stuff:

1) A post-apocalyptic law enforcement-themed BLUECOATS - please read attached comment on site!

2) Based on several suggestions, a fantasy GLASSMEN outfit that takes the name somewhat literally - note the "Maumee Suns" style helmet!

I like both of the Glassmen uniforms you have designed. About the second "fantasy" one-- what would you use to make the prismatic lining of the cape? I'd probably lean towards silk to maintain proper drape without looking cheesy.

And speaking as an alum, this uniform loses a fun corps tradition-- a new shield every year! We always looked forward to finally seeing what it would be sometime around spring training. If no shield, the old "G" is good, too.

I just wish someone out there would design a uniform that is comfortable in the summer heat. My kids are performing at the Midland, Tx show tonight where the temp is 92 degrees! This is a SUMMER activity and although all of the uniforms look great they are very impractical. Just my $.02

The problem is that very light-weight fabrics (such as tropical-weight wool) wrinkle very easily, which is a problem for corps since they need the uniforms to look good every day. Also, durability can sometimes be an issue.

I'd love to have a corps in seersucker suits, though. (Assuming I could get someone to make the jackets for this purpose so that the armhole placement and shoulders will accomodate playing position for horns while still looking good). Also, I haven't decided, but I think they'd all choose their own ties and tie in the corps colors in some other way (pocket squares or hat bands, perhaps).